Chapter 10

January 1, 2016
Marian's house
11:00AM

New Years came quickly. August and Mrs.Shelia had reunited, I don't think I've ever seen August so happy. The girls were happy to be around their uncle too, you could tell they missed him. Aug was such a family man and I loved that about him.

August was currently out with his family for the last day of their time in VA. I told the family my goodbyes this morning since I have things to tend to today. I get out of bed and stretch, making sure to send August a quick text. I check my other text messages to see I have one from Chris.

"Wassap? Good Morning bighead, I know you usually wake up around Eleven😂 I'll be at yours in 10. You better open the door for me😛"

I shake my head, he's so silly. Folding the blanket neatly I place it on my and head to my bathroom. Drakes "headlines" feels my ears, till this day it's one of my favorite songs by him.

I brush my teeth and wash my face with my turquoise colored rag. The water feels nice on my face, I'm interrupted by my serenity with a knock on my front door and I instantly know who it is.

I can hear him singing along with a beat he's making on the wood as I walk down the stairs.

Opening the door I'm met with Chris and my favorite breakfast foot from McDonalds.

"You brought pancakes" I smile, taking the bag from him and hogging him.

"You're welcome" he scoffs, laughing

I turn on my heal and walk to my kitchen. Chris closes the front door.

"You make this?" He asks, touching a painting I made a few weeks ago

"yeah" I mumbled, cutting his pancakes into squares. It was a habit of mine. His infamy of working a knife called for me to cut stuff up for him.
I laugh thinking about it, Chris was horrible with butter knifes.

"Their too dull" He always says.

"It's nice, I like the abstractness" he smirks "not better than mine tho"

I stick my tongue out at him rolling my eyes
"Cut your own pancakes."

He sighs, putting on his puppy dog face. "Chris is sorry Marian" he pouts walking over to me. His skin covered in tattoos causes my body temperature to rise. His pink lips are plump and his nose ring compliments his handsome face. The white shirt he's wearing shows the outline of his muscles. I suck in a breath. Get a hold of yourself Marian.

"You look good in white." I compliment, continuing to cut his pancakes.

"Why you acting all weird?" He asks "is it because the thing at your birthday? I haven't talked to you much sense then. You went MIA on me nigga"

"Shut up boy" I laugh at his facial expression "just been going through some stuff, and yeah the dance threw my off guard"

"You still love me." It wasn't a question it was a statement.

"yeah, and you still love me but we can't" I say standing my ground.

"Why not?" He asks, bitting his lip stepping forward.

"Because I'm with August Chris!" I say In a matter of fact time, stepping back and going to grab a glass out the cabinet.

He comes beside he and touches my waist, his fingers circling my sides.

"That's what you really want?" He asks

I take a deep breath trying to regain my composure. "Yes Maurice" I turn facing him. August and I are doing good.

He leans down and kisses my neck sending a shock of pleasure through my body. He kisses on my flesh softly and then I feel a sucking.

"chrissss, stop please" I yell trying my best to not fall into his trap.

"I have August" I slightly push him away and he frowns.

"Keep ya nigga then" and with that he eats one of his pancakes.

"Have fun explaining that hickey to him tho" a cocky smirk appears on his face as he adds syrup to his pancakes and leads his way to my living room.

"You can stop playing games too" he optioned, taking another pancake in his mouth.

I'm too stubbed to say anything. I should have stayed in the bed like I started to.