Chapter 9

This chapter is dedicated to @TaniSylne thank you so much for reading it's an honor. I've read one of your books before and you're an amazing writer. Thank you :)

December 25, 2015

Miss Brown's house

2:00pm

"come meet her August she's nice, I promise" I say looking up at him. We are currently sitting in his rangerover. It's a tradition of mine to come to miss brown's every Christmas before I head to my moms, even with my fall out with Chris. My mom and her are still close friends. Growing up I'd see a lot of her, so much that she's become a big part of my life.

"August baby, what's wrong?" I ask looking back over at him. I can see the water threatening to retreat from his eyes and my heart instantly sinks. I cant take the thought of him crying not close to the physical appearance, more importantly I cant stand to see him like this he needs me.

"I miss my mama man" he wipes the tear from his eyes. "This shit is heavy on my heart, I know I need to talk to her, call her something. But she wont even talk to me. My own flesh and blood. damnit" he hits the dash board with his fist. The tears trickle down his now semi-red face.

I pull him close to me and lay his head on my shoulder. I cant imagine what he's feeling right now. When I finally heard This Thing Called Life after a bazillion years of waiting I cried. I cried about how inconsiderate I was being towards August. I cried because I didn't once think about his feelings, I cried because not even a couple nights before I was thinking about choosing another man over him. I cried because I had not only let him down but myself as well. I was a hypocrite, acting like everything was ok. I was preaching to others at my job telling them what and what not to do in situations like my own when I couldn't even figure out or fix what was right in front of me.

that night after my party when we were back at home we had along talk about everything except this. He's never fully broken down to this extent with me. He was angry with me winch is understandable, he explained to me that it was either him or Chris and he meant it this time. He said I had one time to make a decision or he was leaving out that door because he couldn't deal with it anymore. I had a wake up call, then I finally admitted I was still in love with Chris but I didn't hesitate choosing  August. I chose a man with a lot of baggage, a man that's been through what most cant imagine. I chose a man that's been emotionally constipated over the years because he's had no one. I chose the one I need the most.

the Christmas spirit is upon me and I plan on bighting August's day. I don't want to see him like this. "Its gonna be alright" I coo to him rubbing his hair

"I feel like a little weak ass sissy, men aint supposed to cry"

"you're the strongest man I know, you're everything but weak August" I say sitting up slightly "look at me" he hesitates at first but does just that eyes puffy and red.

"we as a team are gonna get through this no matter what. I Know it hurts but it will get better. God never puts more on us than we can bare, the joy cometh in the morning" I smile leaning in to kiss his wet cheek "its salty" I laugh

"hush up big head" he laughs back. His mood becoming better. "I  love you" I state.

"we don't have to go in, we can always go straight to mommas. The kids and family are already there, I'm sure they'll be over here later" I state

"you sure?"

"positive"

the sad mood in the air is cleared up as we drive to my parents home, I try my best to make his smile making jokes here and there about weird stuff.

"you've mad me a better person. Thank you for that" I confess, looking over at him.

popping his imaginary collar he smirks "you know how I do"

shaking my head I just laugh. we soon pull up to my parents house and I hop out the car going to the trunk. August grabs some gifts and so do I. we head towards the house and the door comes swinging open. "uncle Aug" Mya, Chay and Kay run out and attach august with hugs.

"hey aunt Marian, I didn't see you there" I share a shocked looked at the word aunt being used. I really feel apart of the family.

"before na, let my baybeh breathe" I look up to see the voice I talked to over the phone. none other than Augusts mother. I bring the girls towards me and draw their attention from the scene

August stands there for a minute taking in everything. The boxes instantly drop from his hands. he runs up to her and gives her the biggest hug. A hug of relief. A hug of love. A hug of overduence

Miss Shelia's face is covered with tears and relief. They cry together as they embrace

My heart warms

I guess I made the right decision by bringing her here, it wasn't easy but id so anything for August. I smile as the scene unwravles as I tickle Kay Kay. I talk to Chay and Mya and I begin to tickle them too.

Christmas isn't about the gifts, its about family and our lord and savior.

•••••••••••••••••••••

That wraps up another chapter. Two in one day :) I hope y'all enjoyed. Comment please and tell me what you think, how you feel about the book. Below will be a series of question. Feel free to answer

1. Favorite character ?
2. Favorite chapter ?
3. Rate this book from 1-10
4. How do you feel about August? Or feel for him
5. How do you feel about Chris?
6. Do you think Marian's finally made up her mind about Chris? If no, why?
7. What would you like to see in this book? And or make a prediction of what you think is going to happen

Love y'all -Marian