Chapter 10

I wait till I hear Sam snoring and I quickly snap my head to the side to look at the digital clock.

1:35 I close my eyes and slowly slide out of bed. I lift Sam's arm off of me and walk to the door. I pop my head past the door and look down the hallway.

No one's here. Now or never.

I bite my bottom lip as I dash down of the hallway. I come to a quick stop when I hear voices. It sounded like the guys sam was talking about earlier.

I whip my head back and forth looking for somewhere to hide. I hide behind a corner. I suck in my bottom lip as I watch them walk past me not noticing me. I let out a breath as I turn the corner and begin running again.

I am now on the first floor, where do I go. I look towards the door and see it surrounded by three guards. I sigh and look around. I run to the downstairs bathroom and shut the door. I quickly lock it as I rush to the window.

I pull out a whole bunch of towels and stop when I see a sheet. I grab the white sheet and tie it around my waist.

I push the window open and push my feet out first. I shimmy out the window and land on my feet. I run about a mile till I see the fence.

The sky became lighter as I climbed up a tree next to the fence. I crawl my way across the thick branch.

I hands shaking violently as I tie the sheet to the end of the branch. I drop the sheet down and to my luck it was past the fence.

I smile at my win.

I slide down it and drop to the ground. I stand up and dash towards the woods.

My heart quickens as I watch the sun peek out from behind the hills. I run faster my chest pushing up and down.

I can really tell I didn't eat anything. I feel weak.

I run for 20 minutes straight until  hit a root sticking out of the ground. I fly forward and begin rolling down a hill.

I let out a ghastly scream as I hear my ankle crack. When I get to the bottom I look at my ankle. It was already bruising.

It was leaning the wrong way.

At least there's no blood. I close my eyes as I grab the edges of my foot.

I let out another pity cry as I snap it back into place.

A tear rolling down my cheek. I crawl over to a stick on the ground. I quickly grab it.

I put the stick vertically on my leg. It ended at the bottom of my foot and and started at my knee.

I ripped a long piece of my shirt off and tied it to the stick.

Once I was positive the stick would stay on my leg I got up and slowly limped to a tree.

I pressed my back against the trunk and slid down. I closed my eyes.

My eyes slam open when I hear a branch snap. I slowly stand. I watch a body appear from the shadows.

"Well, good to see you again princess." he laughs.

He looks down at my ankle and a smirk forms on his lip.

"See if you stayed with me you would have been safe. Now you get a punishment and a broken ankle."
I feel my body shake violently.

"P-please." i cry out.

I slide my fingers threw my tangled hair as tears prickle down my cheeks.

"Come on lets go." he says lightly.

I shake my head 'no.'

I hear a laugh come from him.

"Fine how bout we make a deal.." He says with a smirk plastered on his lips.

"What." I snap. His face looked confused before it changed back to cocky.

"A game." He said laughing again.

"Like..?" I ask horrified.

"Hide and Seek." He says smirking.

I remember playing this with my mom and Rose when I was young.

"And the deal..?" I ask confused.

"I will give you 3 minutes to run and hide. If I find you," He pauses, "You will promise not to run away again and try to somewhat listen."

"And if I win.." I trail off.

He laughs while looking at my ankle, "If you win I will let you go and make sure no one else ever tries to take you." He states.

"How do I know I can trust you." I spat

"I have never broke a deal." He states

 I knew I didn't have an option. It was either have a small chance of getting away or have him drag me back to his place.

"There needs to be a time limit for looking." I say crossing my arms across my chest.

He turns his head sideways in a thinking position.

"I get 10 minutes" he says looking around

"Fine." I grimace.

He puts his hand out.

I hesitantly shake it.

What did I just do..?

I just made a deal with the devil..