Chapter 1

"Happy Birth day to you, Happy birthday dear-" I hear a loud knock on the door.

I watch my moms face go pale. "Rose take her to the safe spot." She whispers. I watch tears appear in her eyes. Rose grabs my small body and drags me to the 'hiding spot'.

I watch her push the book case before we enter the room behind it. She pushes it back infront of the small room. This time she leaves a crack, I run to the opening and look out of it.

"Mommy!" I scream as she walks to the door.

"Quiet baby." She whispers.

I watch her lip the words 'I love you' before opening the door.

I watch a man about moms age barge in. A smirk tugging at his lips.

"Found ya." He says.

I watch those to words make moms body shake rapidly.

He grabs her by the neck and slams her against the wall. Roses hand blocks my gasp.

"Where is she!?!?" He growls. I watch moms lips pull into a smile.

"Rose? Rose died from old age." I stand there confused, Rose isn't dead. "Not Rose! You know who I mean! WHERE IS SHE!!" He screams.

"Oh She died in the womb, apparently stress isn't good on a baby." She says laughing. What?

"Liar!" He screams throwing mom.

I hear a scream as she hits the table making the glass shatter. He walks over to her and grabs her by the collar of her shirt. I see red strains of blood sliding from the cuts on Mothers body. Glass still sticking out of her back.

"Once more," He grabs a piece of glass, "Where is she?!" he growls again.

"Dead." My mother growls.

I watch the shard of glass slam into mothers chest. I try to run to her but Rose had me held down to good.

My silent cries fill the room

Why? Why!? No 5 year old should see that!

I study the mans face before he slams mothers body to the ground and walks out. Rose lets me go and I fall to my knees. My hands slap over my face as tears race down my cheeks.

I stand up and run to mom. I put my forehead against hers.

"Pl-please mommy! Please wake up!" I cry. I shake her shoulders.

"PLEASE!" I beg. I hug her body in my trembling arms. I push my face into her chest.

"Please." I cry out "Bring her back."

Rose pulls me off and gives me a hug. I rest my face on her shoulder as I begin crying again.

That's when I got it. I walk back to mom when Rose walks away.

"He will pay, I promise." I say my voice cracking.

I walk into the kitchen as I watch Rose come back with a bag. I grab the scissors and begin snipping off my long blonde hair. Once it is short enough to buy I was a guy I put them back.

He will pay.