Caught Up In The Cute - Calum

Start from the beginning

He cracks a reluctant smile at you, but it disappears quickly as he says, "it's more than that. I can't even read the simple stuff, let alone the shit you do."

"Well," you announce, "maybe it's time to change that. Come here." you sit and lean against the bed's headboard, patting the space between your legs.

Calum looks at you skeptically while he climbs over and sits between your legs, his head resting above your heart.

You grab your book, turn it to the first page, and place it in front of Calum's nose.

He cranes his neck to look at you, "what do you want me to do with this?"

"Read to me."

"You're kidding right?" he laughs, as if waiting for the punch line.

"Serious as a heart attack."

He shakes his head and puts the book aside, "no, its so stupid."

"Calum, how else are you going to improve? You have to start some time, and just bitching about it isn't gonna make you any better. Besides" you reach for the book and hand it to him, "it might as well be with someone who's not gonna judge or make fun of you, because I know just how much of a genius you really are."

He hesitates for a second before opening the book to the first page and starting. You have to admit, his reading has gotten worse over the past couple years of completely neglecting it, but the two of you continue slowly, pausing frequently to sound out longer words and to clarify what passages mean. Eventually, it becomes a nightly thing; after your daily adventures, you two would retreat to his room and Calum would read to you for hours before you were both too tired to continue.

A few nights into your stay, you and Calum were once again holed up in his room, his increasingly confident reading filling the room.

"Pre... Prec..." Calum holds the book up to you and points to the line he's on.

"Preconceived." you recite.

"Preconceived" he repeats, allowing the word to become familiar on his tongue, "opinions, foregone determinations, are all I have this hour to stand by: there I plant my foot."

Just then you hear a snicker just outside the door, and both of you focus your attention on it.

"Shhh.. God you're fucking loud"

"Wait... He stopped."

"Do you think they heard us?"

"Yeah," Calum says loudly, "we did."

There's a pause before the door opens and three slightly guilty-looking band mates enter the room.

"You're all cocks," Calum mutters, hiding his now pink face in the book.

"No! It's great!" Luke beams at him, "we heard you a couple nights ago, and it sounded like you had some sort of speech impediment"

"th...the... girl went through the gear... garf... garden" Ashton mimicks, squinting at his hands, which are opened in front of him like a book. Michael and Luke laugh, and Calum sinks lower next to me.

"Oh, like you guys are any better," you retaliate good-naturedly, knowing they mean no real harm.

"Oh believe me babe, we know," Mikey holds his hands up in surrender, "we suck just about as much as Cal. Except for Genius Boy Hemmings."

"We just think it's so cute how you've got baby Cal reading storytime to you every night, just like back in year three..." Ash croons, a cheeky grin plastered on his face.

"Alright you guys, shoo! We're just getting to a good part!" You wave your hand at them dismissively.

"Can't we stay?" Luke begs, "we love storyti-"

"Out."

The boys' shoulders slump as they make their exit. Just before Mikey closes the door, he calls over his shoulder, "remember Hood, i before e, except after c."

Cal flicks him off, and once they're finally gone, he emerges from the book, his face still tinged pink.

"Cocks," he mutters again.

"Oh shush, they're just jealous someone cares about you enough to tutor you." you say.

Cal smiles at you gratefully before turning his attention back to the fine black print. "Alright, so where were we..."

* Follow me on Twitter : ShariStyles1994 and 5SOS_BE_CALM

* Follow me on Tumblr : MultipleFandomAwesomeness

*Follow me on Vine : ShariStyles1994

REQUESTS ARE OPEN ;) <3

http://daisyhood.tumblr.com/