He Hits You

Calum : "That's it!" Calum shouts, rising to his feet. "That's it, y/n I-I'm out!" You stare in shock as Calum storms into the bedroom to collect his things in a duffle bag. You run after him, standing in the doorway and watching him, not fully grasping the situation. You feel as if you're watching this unfold from the other end of a tunnel, far away and helpless. "Calum," you murmur in shock, shaking your head. You're barely aware of the tears falling fast down your cheeks. He picks up his bag and turns toward the door, looking at you. "Calum, don't go," you beg. "Get out of my way, y/n," he commands in a surprisingly calm tone. "You're just angry, Cal," you explain in a rush, "Just let things cool down!" "Y/n," Calum sighs, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, "Get out of my way." You shake your head desperately. "You're just angry!" You repeat. "Do I look angry?" Calum asks, the calm in his voice hurting more than when he yells. "Calum please!" You cry, reaching out to him. "Y/n I asked you nicely now that's it! MOVE!" You shake your head again and he storms passed you. Falling back, you hit your head on a cabinet in the hall, collapsing on the floor. You look up at Calum, tears streaking your face. You see the shock you feel played out on Calum's face. Touching the back of your head, you're dimly aware of the red liquid dripping from your fingers now. "Y/n," Calum whispers, dropping to his knees next to you. "Y/n, I'm so sorry." You see tears slip from Calum's eyes as he pulls off his T-shirt, pressing it to the back of your head.

Ashton: "Maybe you should say something then!" You yell at Ashton. "Say something?! Y/n, it's not that easy!" He retorts angrily. "If you really cared then you would!" You challenge, stepping toward him. "I care!" Ashton argues. "Of course!" You cry with a humorless laugh, "You're just doing what you always do!" Ashton rounds on you, slamming his hand down on the table. "What's that supposed to mean?!" He yells. "You know what it means, Ashton!" You raise your voice to match his own, "You're letting everyone else fight your fights while you sit around like a little boy!" "You know that's not true!" Ashton shouts, knocking over a lamp as he slams the table again. You flinch as it crashes to the ground, but you don't back down. "Oh really?!" You challenge again, "Name one thing you've done for yourself without the help of your mom! You need to GROW UP!" You feel the back of Ashton's hand connect with your cheek and you stagger backwards, momentarily blinded by the pain. Regaining your balance, you look to Ashton. He sees the bright red mark across your cheek and his mouth falls open. Slowly he raises his hand, staring at it as if he had never seen it before - as if it was some monstrous creature that had hit you of its own accord. Slowly Ashton looked from his hand to you. You see tears swimming in his eyes and fight to hold back your own as you meet his stare. "I -" he begins weakly, "I didn't -" you cut him off with a shake of your head. "Get out," you command quietly. He steps toward you, reaching out to plead his case. "Y/n I -" "I SAID GET OUT!" You yell, pointing at the door. You feel a tear escape from your eye, falling down your hot cheek. "Now," you add as he opens his mouth to speak again. Without another word, Ashton nods grimly and leaves you. Alone, you slide to the floor, curling into a ball and clutching the quickly-swelling place where Ashton's hand had connected.

Luke: "Where are you going?!" You call, running after Luke as he grabs his jacket and heads toward the door. The two of you had been fighting a lot more recently, but you never thought he would leave. "Luke!" You shout out again, running toward him. "This'll be easier if you just let me go," Luke almost whispers, his eyes filled with tears as he looks back at you, one hand already on the door handle. "No!" You cry out, grabbing his free hand around the wrist. "You can't walk out on me," you whisper, knowing if you speak any louder your voice will fail you. Luke meets your eyes and you see something desperate in them. He opens his mouth to speak, but decides against it. He pulls his arm but you refuse to let go. "Please," he chokes out. He yanks his arm at the same time that you release, causing his hand to fly up with more force than intended. His fist connects with your jaw and you fall back, landing on the floor in front of him. You scurry back, looking up at Luke with a mix of fear and shock. He curses under his breath and runs toward you, but you recoil as he nears. "I didn't mean to," he says quickly, "You know I didn't mean to." You hear desperation in his voice. "I would never do that" He explains, his voice cracking with a strangled sob. "You know I'd never h-hit you," he stutters, his breathing growing ragged. "Y/n," he whispers, breathing hard through strangled sobs, "Y/n look at m-me." You look up as he kneels beside you. You flinch as his hand gently takes your chin, directing your face so he can see the already forming bruise on your jaw. "I'm s-so sorry," he chokes out, squeezing his eyes shut as tears spilled onto your shirt while he examines the damage. "I'm - I'm a -" he could get no more words out. He stops trying to speak and sits next to you on the floor, letting the angry tears fall. A minute passes, the only noise being Luke's subsiding sobs and your heavy breathing. "Will you stay?" you ask quietly. Luke looks at you in awe, certain he must have heard wrong. "W-will you stay? you repeat a little louder. "Y/n I -" he stops short, considering you for a moment, "I love you."

Michael: "No, Michael!" You scream, "No more excuses!" You turn toward the door when he stops you by gripping your arm. "You can't leave," he pleads. "I can do whatever I want," you point out, trying to loosen his grip on your arm. "Michael let go!" You scream. His grip only tightens as he says, "Say you'll stay." "Michael you're hurting me!" You cry out. You squirm, wrenching your arm out of his grip. You turn and open the door, but he slams it shut again. "Michael, you can't make me stay here," you say, trying to keep panic out of your voice. "Yes I can!" Michael shouts. "This is exactly my point, Michael!" You yell, "You think I'l follow your every command! I'm not a slave! You've never treated me right!" Michael slaps you across the cheek and you blink, startled. Suddenly Michael jumps back, as if just realizing what it is he's done. He shakes his head, looking at you in disbelief. Before he has a chance to speak you wrench open the door, sprinting until the darkness swallowed you completely. "Y/n!" Michael bellowed, running out the door. He ran down his driveway but stopped at the road, not knowing which way you had gone. "Y/N!" He yelled into the night air, but there was no answer. Again and again he called out, running up and down the street. Finally, accepting that you were not returning, he sulked back home. He fell on top of his still-made bed in his clothes and cried himself to sleep, the other side of the bed colder than ever.