Some Pictures, a Knock Out, and a Chase

Começar do início

"Hey, boy," I say leaning down patting his head. "Where's Achilles?" I know he doesn't understand me, but I still ask.

"He is downstairs," Connor says.

I straighten as I turn on my Eagle Vision. Sure enough, he did show traces of walking towards the secret entrance from what we can see.

After patting Desmond's head one more time, I take Connor's hand and lead him down the hallway towards the candelabra. I pull it and Connor pushes the door open for me.

We walk down the old creaky wooden stairs and into the training room. Achilles is standing in the center before one of those weird things that tailors use to put their clothes on display. On it, is a very old- looking Assassin's Robes.

"Remembering old times, Achilles?" I ask.

Achilles turns to face us. "Riley, Connor. Oh, yes I suppose I was," he chuckles softly.

"Who was the Assassin this belonged to?" Connor asks.

"Originally," Achilles begins. "It was John De La Tour's. The first Assassin in the colonies. Then it was mine for a time. The things I've done wearing this armor... some are uplifting to recall, others- very painful indeed. One day I will hand it over to you two, Riley and Connor. It is your duty to keep it. it serves as a reminder for how long our Brotherhood has really been here. How long we've been protecting the people of this land. But here I am, going on again. I know you two appreciate what it is."

We both nod before Connor strolls over to the wall of portraits studying them as he crosses his arms over his wide broad chest. John Pitcairn and William Johnson's portraits are crossed out in white chalk and their plans smudged away. We know not who our next target is. Well, I do, I just don't want to spoil the surprise. Or the events following his death.

I join Connor in front of the wall as I study the Templars. My mind runs through their stories, their personalities, their lives, how Connor and I will kill them.

For those of you who don't know, my name is Riley Anderson and I am an Assassin. I was from your time era until the Apple sent me back to the 18th century in search of someone. And I think I found him. Connor. The only person who can tolerate me for more than a week. Before all of this, I lived in Texas in a hidden bunker in the forest with my parents. Since I was five, I have been having these dreams about the past; about this time era in particular. I know everything so well and have nhad theses dreams over and over so many times, that I began to draw these scenes and the people. Even to this day, I have them. But only one that will happen, not anything that I have already witnessed and took part in. On the day the world ended, just before I was transported, the Templars found us. They murdered my mother and father before my very eyes. It hurts to even think about it. But that was my story. I'd like to put it behind me.

"How fares the hunt, you two?" Achilles asks out of the silence joining us by the portraits and breaking me out of my silent thought.

"There is progress," Connor begins. "But I worry it is not enough."

"You must strike where you're needed most," Achilles says. "What if you two pursued Charles Lee and your father, Connor? What then of Paul Revere? And the solider at Lexington?"

"Soldiers?" I repeat. "There were no soldiers in those towns - only men and women who were forced to defend themselves."

"Is this not why you two fight?" Achilles questions. "To protect your people? Your struggle is the colonist's struggle. In helping one, you help the other." Achilles then turns to leave the basement. This will probably be one of my most favorite memories and always will be.