Finally

Fiona - Albino

This is gold. This is perfect. This - this - this.

"George, I'm so happy for you!" I scream jumping on his bed. "I didn't know Mark liked you," I say a bit confused, I mean, yeah, Louise told me, but I was not sure, "neither did I know you liked him back," I hold two fingers in the air, counting the two things I didn't know, "but, those are details! You just kissed Mark, and, and, and that means that I finally know about your future whereabouts! About who you like!"

"Fiona, that does not make sense," my brother says as the mood killer he is. "Plus, did you just hear the fight?"

George and I were calmly watching tv when I heard screams. Mark was telling his father that he was an idiot, that his mom would understand. And his dad screamed back telling him that Mark did not understand a thing, and that he could not be gay. 'It's a phase, it's a phase.'

That's when my brother decided to confess. That little idiot was planning to keep his mouth shut.

"Of course I heard. But that fight won't stop you both from being something," I say. I walk to his window and spot Sarah sitting on the stairs. Her head in her hands. "Be right back."

I run to the first floor, pick as fast as I can my parasol and open the front door. I jump the three steps and sit next to Sarah. I've always seen her like the big sister I've always needed. She taught me how to wear make-up. How to dress stylish. How to walk on heels. She always looks for my help when she fights with her boyfriend.

She raises her head. "Hi, Fifi," she says. "How are you?"

"I'm good, but I feel like you are not. Are you okay? Is Mark okay?" I ask her.

"Oh my God, you heard it all," sighing, Sarah starts to cry. Soon I see how George is on her right side. "Hello, George," Sarah salutes him when he touches her shoulder. "Thank you for liking my brother. Now, I'm sorry for the stuff you heard. My dad's not been the same since the divorce. He's colder. It's so unfair for Mark."

I rub Sarah's back. We daydream in the silence that has fallen over us.

"But, enough about my family drama. Tell me, Fiona. George already has someone, I have my boyfriend. What about you?"

"I think," I start saying, "I think, that for the first time, I'm okay being alone. Finally I don't need someone to tell me I'm beautiful, I already know it."

• • • • • • •

BRB, I'M GOING TO CRY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

Fiona was supposed to have a boyfriend here, that's what I had planned when I wrote the 'Words' chapter, but I changed my mind with 'That Mean Girl'. She has to love herself first.

Epilogue is coming soon. I don't know what to do. TUO has been my guide to a high self-esteem this past months.

Did you like the chapter.? Does it make any sense? 'Cause I feel like it does not.

Stay honest,

~Mercy