Jerks are jerks

Christopher - Fat

I put my lab glasses on. Sometimes I think this all is unnecessary, but whatever.

"Now, students, I need you to carefully add 7.5 ml of the special polymer powder per 100 ml of the container," says our chemistry teacher, Ms Keyton.

We are going to do The Sodium Polyacrylate experiment. Dad used to talk me about it a lot. He said the best part of it was the fact that, at the end, the sodium looked like snow. Having the beaker in front of me, ready to be filled with sodium and water is very exciting.

I look up just when the teacher is about to speak again. "Add the water as quick as possible to cause turbulence." I do it and the powder grows. It's very easy, so it makes me laugh seeing how some of my peers are still trying to figure how much sodium we have to put.

Jamie is at the back with Holly. That girl is an idiot, I don't know how Jamie stands her.

"Do you actually understand this shit?" Mutters Mark under his breath. I nod, watching how he picks up the beaker and analyzes it. "I need desperately your help," he adds then. I laugh lowly, trying to not make any sound.

I show and teach him how to do it and he says 'oh' in understatement when his own beaker is all covered with the powder.

"See how the powder experiences a forty times increase in volume? Now we're going to do the same, but this time we're coloring the experiment with food dyed water." She tells us to go pick the special water and I notice how Jamie choses the orange one.

Memo: she likes orange.

I'm taking the green one when Daniel's best friend, Finn, pushes me aside and takes it first. I roll my eyes, because he acts like a ridiculous little kid. I make myself forget the stupid incident when the jerk screams, "the only reason I could move you from your spot is because I'm great at tackling, ball of grease."

And then, "shut up, Finn, it's not like you're an Abercrombie model," yells Jamie back, of course I'm surprised by her bravery.

"At least people like me," he says.

Not wanting to hear that idiot talk like that to such a great person as Jamie I push him and he falls to the floor. Mark slaps his forehead, I know he wanted to stop me. Finn makes a face and Ms Keyton calls my name. I look at her and she yells me to go to the principal.

Fuck my life.

• • • • • • •

Idiots.

All of them.

Anyway:

Hello, people! Omg, I am so happy and I can't thank you enough for your support. 2.1k reads? #73 in Short Story? I can't believe you! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Did you like the chapter?

~Mercy