Pharmacy

Jamie - Acne

Clearasil. Clean & Clear. BioAQUA. Pond's.

"Mom," I call her.

"Mmm?" She says.

I turn to look at her. "These creams are very expensive. You know that right?"

She sighs a soft laugh. "I know. But your dad and I have been saving money, and your dad got a bonus. We decided to spend the money on you."

My eyes tear up. I hug my mom not wanting to be seen crying and very grateful for my parent's generosity.

Crying is the best thing I can do. You just say something beautiful and you'll see me crying like a baby. Or say a bunch of harmful words and you'll get the same reaction.

Mom gives me a kiss in my hair and keeps looking for creams.

Sabrina enters the pharmacy, wearing a small skirt, very high heels -that click very loud- and a crop-top. I contain the urge from groaning. Mom always tells me to not cae about wht others say. And to not call someone a slut, but that's another thing.

The girl spots me and I feel like running away, or maybe hiding. But I stop myself from doing so. I wonder why my friends think I'm badass, I'm just a little, stupid, scaried girl.

"Jamie," says Sabrina with a devilish smile and a wretched voice. "You finally realized that your face has big volcanos everywhere."

My hands fly to my cheeks and my forehead. I can't believe she just said that. I feel my lip trembling, so I bite it in hopes Sabrina does not notice.

"Why are you so mean?" I ask her.

"Please, Jamie. Who cares? Just go to a bathroom and cry. That's the only thing you can do, at the end of the day."

I feel my neck reddening from anger, my cheeks are hot too.

"So? Does that give you permission to be a bitch? I really try to not be like you, to not call you things you might not be. But you just go through life, insulting people like if you were the queen of the world."

I take a deep breath.

"But you are not."

Sabrina lifts her chin. "At least I'm beautiful." And just like that, she leaves the pharmacy, pushing me aside in her way to the door.

Mom appears. "I got you something, let's go."

We walk to the car.

Your face has big volcanos everywhere.

I close the door when I'm in.

Just got to the bathroom and cry.

I put my seatbelt on.

At least I'm beautiful.

My chest goes up and down. Hyperventilating. That's what I'm doing. That's another thing I do very well.

And then I'm crying.

"What wrong, Jamie?" Asks my mom as soon as she notices my attack.

You're not beautiful, Jamie. You'll never be.

• • • • • • •

That sentence has been said to me like a thousand times. Along with "no one loves you and no one will."

Sad, I know.

HOWEVER. I'm writing the one shot for Noelle's christmas contest. I'm so excited. I don't care if I don't win. Knowing they read my one shot is enough to me :)

Did you like the chapter? I didn't have internet because the president asked to turn it off. You know, dictatorship. So I was supposed to post this yesterday but I couldn't.

QOTD: It's so random, but do you like Shadowhunters? The Behind the Scenes is out today and I can't watch it :(. I NEED LADY MIDNIGHT RIGHT NOW, LIKE, UGH. Aaaaand, what do you think of Sabrina? I don't want to say anything about her because I've learnt so much from the StopSlutShaming campaign

I'm so grateful for your votes, follows and comments, littles. Love you to the Lorien and back.

Stay honest,

~Mercy