Second Chances (Nicholas Hoult #2)

Start from the beginning

She comes racing back. "Ready?" Nicholas asks. She smiles and holds onto his hand as they walk out of the building and to the car. She takes off her backpack and lets him put it into the trunk. Nicholas opens the car door and watches the tiny child hop onto the seat. He helps her with her seatbelt before getting in the car himself. He turns on the radio to break the silence as he drives towards their destination. Arabelle starting messing with channels until she finds what she wants.

Thrift shop pours from the speakers as she bounces in her seat. He smiles. "I'm hungry, do you want anything?" She ponders the thought like a child should before declaring she wants a burger. He complies and pulls into the In n Out drive through. It doesn't take the child long to devour a hamburger and shake. She chattering on in her seat as if she's known Nicholas forever.

The social worker explained that he would have to live in his mother's house to keep things as normal as possible for Arabelle. He finally reaches the house. Arabelle squeaks and darts to the front door. She drops her stuff by the stairs and hops up onto the couch. "Nicholas!" She shrieks. He comes sliding around the corner like a dog on hard wood floor. "Whats wrong?" He panics. She shrugs. "Nothing. I just wanted you to put a movie in." He looks around the room. "Please." She adds with a smile.

"Of course," He follows the girl to the movie stacks. "What do you want to watch?'' She grins, "Smurfs!" He shuffles through the stack until he finds it. He walks across the room and sets up the movie for the precious child on the couch. She's surrounded by pillows and blankets on a cushion 5 times her size. "One last thing. Let Dakota in. He's been outside all night." She points to the back sliding glass door. "Just call him. He'll come." She tells him. Her wide eyes glued to the screen.

Nicholas hesitantly steps outside into the backyard. "Dakota?" He calls once. He heard the dog before he saw him. A brown streak went racing past him and into the house. Nicholas followed suit to check on Arabelle, to find her and a rather large chocolate Labrador with his head in her lap as she pet him. "Told you." She said evenly.

He shook his head. Then headed upstairs to unpack. After finishing putting away his possessions and setting up his stuff he wandered around the house. When he finally made a full circle back to his starting point, Arabelle was asleep on the couch. More accurately on the dog on the couch. He checked his watch. 8:56. Oops. He shakes the little girl awake and tells her to meet him in the kitchen for dinner. She yawns and nods.

When she finds him, he's standing over the stove fixing a pot of Mac & Cheese. He tries to cook and burns himself in the end. He curses and she giggles. "Don't ever repeat that." He warns giving a mock stern look, She nods and he hands her Mac & Cheese. When she finishes eating she slides off the stool and says she going to bed. He chuckles at the independent 5 year old. As independent as one at that age can be.

He gives her twenty minutes before heading upstairs to check on her on last time. Her dim pink light fills the hallway as he stands in the doorway. Yawning she asks if he could tuck her in. "There's nothing I'd rather do." He says with a genuine caring smile. He tucks the pink fluffy comforter around the girl before kissing her forehead and wishing her sweet dreams. "Goodnight belles." He says softly before turning out the light of the already snoring princess.

He stretches feeling tired himself. He walks down the hallway to his new room and falls backwards onto the bed. This amazing little girl, Arabelle, is now his life. He needs to protect her and keep her safe. So he decides to ditch the leather jacket and grow up fast. Becasue he's given a second chance. And he's determined to do right by this little girl and give her everything she needs. She's all he has left.

!+!+!+!

Ok so this is the first update I'll post tonight. I really likes having a non-romantic plot line so. As always, requests are welcome.

Song Of The Chapter: Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift, Honestly if you've heard this song, it doesn't need an explanation. If you haven't listened to it, go. Go now and listen to it.

Quote Of The Chapter: "Live every moment, Love every day because before you know it, precious time slips away."

Awesome Person: @MMA_Girl for the awesome plot line. So cutos to her.

Next Update: I have no f*cking idea. So its a surprise for both of us.

Bye Lovelies!

Comment

Fan

Add

Vote

~Shay