First Date (Nicholas Hoult)

First Date ~ unedited

!+!+!+!

"Will you go out with me?" Nick asked shyly the night before. The look on his face and the vulnerability in his voice rolled on a loop in you head as you got ready for you date with him tonight.

You had just finished curling your hair and pinning your back and out of your face. You opted for minimal makeup and quickly stumbled around your room for your dress. All you can see is blue fabric as you pull it over your head. You can hear the doorbell ring downstairs and you freeze. You jump over the bed grabbing your shoes and clutch in the process. You rush down the stairs, determined for Nicholas to not meet your crazy ass family. Too late.

You watch uncomfortably as he's ushered inside by your mom and glared at by your dad. You sigh. No no no. You slowly start to retreat back up the stairs but your mother spots you. "Darling, this young man is here. Come down, Don't be shy!" She says in that tone that every mom shares. You offer Nicholas a small sheepish apologetic smile.

You walk cautiously to the table and take a seat beside Nicholas. You sink your head to your hands as your dad relentlessly starts to grill the poor boy with questions.

*Some time later*

You both step out the front door, closing it behind you. He walks you to his car while laughing at your rambling apology. You slide into the warm car and let out breath. He starts the car. "Dinner." He says. You come down from the clouds and question his state of mind. "What?" A light smile plays across the darkness in the car. Street lights glow fill the pavement around us with light. "We're going to dinner.'' You feel stupid. "Oh, Duh." He bites his inner lip to contain the laughter.

He pulls into a beautiful restaurant, lighted archways lead a path to outdoor seating on the side of the restaurant. The sight is beautiful, hanging lights, fountains, stone floor. The stars just add to the beauty. "Everything is so elegant." You gush. He takes your hand and leads you to a table next to a bubbling fountain, it so picturesque. "I'm glad you like it."

Your eyes rest on a talented waiter balancing bread, water, menus and another tables orders. He serves the other table and brings the rest of the items to you and Nicholas. He speaks with a noticeable Italian accent. You scan over the menu and chose a pasta dish. You thank the waiter and he heads back to the kitchen.

Nicholas is constantly making you smile and laugh. You honestly like him. The food comes and he blushes and looks at his napkin. You smile and reach across the table to hold his hand. You squeeze it before starting to eat. You're listening to the noises when he says something. "Beautiful isn't it?" You nod in agreement. ''That's why I chose it. I knew you'd fit in perfectly." You smile and look away. He takes hold of your hand again and traces patterns on the back of your hand with his thumb.

He eventually pays for your meal and leads you out of the seating area. You let out a puff of air at the sudden cold spell. He drapes his jacket over your shoulders. You can't take it. You let out a small giggle. He looks at you like you've lost your mind. "Cliché." You mutter, he nods and laughs a bit too. When you reach the car he keeps on walking. You look at the car but he just keeps walking. You huff and stumble in your heels trying to keep up.

You latch onto his arm and he stays quiet. He rounds the corner and the silence remains. Buildings become more spread out and pop up less often. He comes to a stop and looks at a big building. He walks around the building and ducks through an opening in the fence surrounding it. He slides the warehouse doors open to reveal the most thoughtful thing you could imagine.

The warehouse floor was lined with candles. There was a projector set up in the middle of the space, old movies flashing on the wall. Tons of blankets and pillows were piled high in the center space. "All yours." You step forward, this was the perfect date. You pull Nicholas forward with you and into the mountain of blankets. He smooth's them out on the ground and drapes one over your shoulders. He grabs another and covers both of your legs with it. You lean against Nicholas to support you while you gaze intently focused on the screen.

You end up sitting in between his legs with his arms holding you close. Your warm and happy. Everything was perfect. You wouldn't change a thing. Especially now that you have Nicholas in your life.

!+!+!+!

Ok so Nicholas Hoult. I loved his geeky side in X-Men First Class. Re fell in love with him in Warm Bodies.

Song Of The Chapter: Take My Heart By Greyson Chance

Because: I know this is my answer for everything but it fits. He put heart into the date, and is basically saying I'll love you forever, I don't need money, Just take my heart.

Quote Of The Chapter: "There is beauty in simplicity."

Because: He didn't have to go out and plan this fancy date, it was very simple and there was more thought than cost invested into it.

Awesome Fan Mentions: @niallator14 because she spammed me.

@izzybee143 because her comment I liked the most and made me happy.

Next Update: Keaton Stromberg by Request

So this is my latest actual update and I'm just syked to get back to writing,

Please keep up the comments and votes and adds and stuff. It means the world to me. So on that note, I am updating at 1:13 am and I have to make cinnamon rolls in the morning. Goodnight my lovelies.

~Shay