Chapter Sixty: Leaving Middle School

A Little Less Than A Month Later:
----------------------------------------------

It was Thursday, December 19th. Tomorrow was the last day of school. And also the last day of middle school for some people. Tomorrow night was also the school dance. It was dedicated to the middle school seniors.

Maya and Riley already had their dresses. They were both really excited. Riley was going with Zay, of course. Farkle and Smackle are still a thing so they're going together. Maya was going alone and so was Lucas. But they were both fine with it. Neither of them wanted a date.

-------------------------
The Next Day:
--------------------------

The next day at school, the gang was talking, Wondering what high school is gonna be like.

"I'm nervous," Riley said.

"Yeah, I'm a little nervous, too," Farkle said.

"What about you guys?" Riley asked Maya, Lucas and Zay.

"I don't really know how I feel," Zay said.

"I'm not really that nervous," Lucas said.

"What about you, Maya?" Farkle asked her.

"Nah, I'm not that nervous, either," Maya replied. "I don't really what there is to be nervous about."

"I don't understand how you guys aren't nervous," Riley stressed. They just shrugged in response. "Everything's gonna be different," Riley said.

"Not really," Lucas said.

"Yes, it will be a lot different. New classes, new teachers, new school, new classmates. New people to meet!" Riley said.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. It will be a lot different," Lucas said. "But I'm always prepared for different."

"I'm used to different. I have you guys as friends, after all," Maya joked.

---------------------------
Before The Dance:
---------------------------

Maya and Riley were getting ready for the dance. They had just gotten dressed and were almost leaving.

Right as Maya and Riley finished getting ready, there was a buzz

Right as Maya and Riley finished getting ready, there was a buzz. Cory answered it. The girls heard talking so they went Into the living room and saw Lucas, Zay, Farkle and Smackle. Just like at last years dance.

"Okay, guys," Topanga said. "You know the drill." everyone lined up in front of the door to take pictures. A few group ones, Riley and Zay, Farkle and Smackle, Lucas and Maya which was kinda awkward, all the girls, all the guys, some with everyone by themselves then a few more group ones.

"All right, you're free to go" Topanga said. They all said bye and left. They got on the train and rode to the school.

"You look amazing, Riley," Zay said.