“Now, now Kylie that would include you wouldn’t it?” Cole said.

She wouldn’t do something like that.

Kylies face went white, her firsts were clenched into balls and she had a murderous expression.

Cole closed the door and took a step towards us.

“Let’s tell Scarlett the whole truth, shall we?

The night you seduced me at Jakes party, Scarlett was sick so she didn’t attend, but we did.

You said to me that she wouldn’t find out, that you have always wanted me but didn’t have the guts to speak up, that I was rightfully yours and Scarlett got lucky.” Cole said calmly.

 If I thought Kylies face was white before, she was practically see through now, she kept her breathing even, but I could tell she was angry, like she would explode any second.

“Is this true?” I turned to Kylie, she wouldn’t meet my eyes, and her gaze was on Cole.

When nobody answered, I practically shouted, “Is it true Kylie?”

“I’m so sorry,” she murmured.

“And the other girls Cole?” I asked him.

“I have to get out of here.” Kylie said.

“You’re leaving so soon Kylie?” I asked, “Why not stay and explain yourself?”

“I’m sorry.” She whimpered, and ran straight for the door, banging it behind her.

I sat down on the step, my best friend was all I could think.

“Did you sleep with her?” I asked Cole, not looking at his face.

“No, I wouldn’t do that to you.” He said, making his way towards me.

“And the other girls?”, I asked again.

“I did. But that was only when we started going out Scarlett. That was then and this is now and honestly I wish I could take it back.”

I just stared at him blankly, this was not happening, finding out I was betrayed by my boyfriend and best friend in one night this was just too much.

“Go upstairs and I’ll make us some coffee and we can talk more, this needs to be sorted out.” He said, picking me up off the stairs and pushed me gently up the stairs, I went without hesitation.

I sat on the edge of the bed, thinking about this, my best friend wanted my boyfriend, and amazingly enough she waited until after we started going out to make her move, typical, it wasn’t the first time she wanted what was mine, she was the better choice but when everything seemed to be going better than her she would make sure that wasn’t for long, and maybe that’s what she was trying to do, even tonight, she brought up the past, that was better left unsaid.

I believed Cole, maybe more then I should have, I knew deep down that it would take more than our relationship status to change his ways, but I also believed that he didn’t sleep with Kylie, I knew he wouldn’t hurt me that bad.

Cole walked in with two cups of coffee; he had a small smile on his face.

“What are we going to do?” I asked him,

“What do you want to do?” he asked as we put the coffee cups on my bed side, he puffed the pillows up so we could sit up, he reached out for my hand, I gladly took it and sat on the bed, leaning on the pillows he had just adjusted.

We sat in silence for awhile, sipping on our coffee.

“Will you ever be true to me?” I asked eventually but dreading the answer.

“Give me the chance to prove I can. Scarlett I have made a lot of mistakes in my life, but you’re not one of them, I want to cherish you and love you and honestly, I just want you to simply be mine, I want to be yours. That’s the reason why I stayed, the reason I am staying, I want you in my life, any way I can have you. Forgive me please, we can get through this”

I was lost for words, Cole never spoke like this, I knew that I wanted to take the risk, I loved him and out of the many things I was unsure of, loving Cole was never one of them.

************

Thank you for fanning!!

Thank you for voting!!

Thank you for commenting!!

And

Thank you for reading!!

You guys are my sweetest escape!!

Hearts!!!