Chapter 14 - Needle Pinch

*7 months later*

Serenity's POV

I layed on the hospital bed waiting for my next treatment. I fiddled with the wires that were plugged into me, chemo wasn't as nice as it looked. I missed my hair and I missed who I was, the person I used too be.

Serenity: The outgoing, blonde one. Now I'm the hollow, weak one. People on social network sites have been attacking me because Niall shouldn't have too deal with this stress and their right he shouldn't. I can't help but feel like I don't deserve Niall, he has such a good future ahead of him why waste it with me?

Niall's hand touched my pale bruised cheek and I turned too look at him. A small smirk escaped from my weak body. He smiled at me and sat down next too me on the leather armchair.

"Hows my beautiful little lady?" he asked me, his smile was so bright but his eyes didn't have that spark in them when I first met him. They were darker and underneath were black shadows.

"I'm fine, I suppose. If this makes me better then I'm going to have to pull through." I told him as I took hold of his hand and gently kissed it. Niall's hair was already growing back, he'd raised a huge £9,000,000 for Charity by doing that. I'd never been more proud in my life.

Before long everyone had walked in and were sat down in the hospital. They were all on the floor playing Twister, it was so funny seeing them all tumble when one got the moves wrong but Niall made my body warm inside. After months of seeing him upset he finally looked happy, he was having fun for the first time in a year.

Before long Sophie came over and sat next to me. She pulled out a huge book from her bag.

"Guys!" she whispered/shouted at the rest of them who turned around. They all suddenly caught on and ran over before sitting around the bed.

"We all made you this book, Serenity." Sophie began.

"Yeah, it's to show you everything you've done." Harry added as he put his arm over Sophie.

"It's to show you how far you have come." Eleanor smiled.

"It's to show you what you have achieved." Louis spoke.

"It's to show you why you are here." Zayn told me.

"It's to show you how incredible you are." Perrie said.

"It's to show you why we are all still here with you." Liam announced.

"It's to show you why we all care for you." Danielle carried on.

"But most importantly it's to show you, why we love you." Niall ended. 

The book was a huge A5 sketchbook, filled with collages, words, paragraphs and quotes of everything. It touched me knowing that they all had done this for me. The photo that took me by surprise was the one of me and Niall in the heart shaped candles...had they seen us?

My eyes began welling up with tears before everyone hugged me.

"Ouch guys, not too tight!" I moaned as one of the needles nipped my skin.

 Everyone backed off but not Niall, he sat down next too me on the bed and held my hand. The door slowly opened and a doctor was there.

"Serenity we're ready for you." He told me.

Niall's POV

Why does Serenity need to go through all this pain? Why her? What has she ever done to deserve this? She's the beautiful, strongest, happiest girl I've ever met and to see her melt away like this destroys me. Seeing her face turn from happy to sad just kills me. She's never complaining and that makes me so proud to call her my girlfriend. 

I sat in the waiting room with my head in my hands, my legs violently shaking up and down. Harry had his hand on my back and his other around Sophie. Suddenly something inside of me snapped.

"It's not fair," I shouted as I stood up from the chair, everyone looked at me. "How come you all have amazing relationships but my girlfriend is fighting for her life. This is not fair, none of it." I screamed.

"Niall, it's okay. Sit down, mate." Liam told me as he stood up and took hold of my shoulders.

"No! It's not okay and do you know what? It never will be!" I shouted as I ran out the front doors. I needed to get away from this, all of it. My anger was burning up inside of me, I needed to go to the place that made me who I was.

***

Serenity's POV

My eyes fluttered open and I saw everyone asleep in the room. I looked around to find Niall but he wasn't there.

"G-guys?" I stuttered, as everyone suddenly awoke and stood around me.

"Are you alright?" Harry asked as he placed his hand on my forehead. I nodded.

"Where's Niall?" I asked, everyone looked at each other with sad looks on their faces.

"We...we don't know, babe." Liam said as he took hold of my hand. A single tear fell from my eye.

"Can...can you all just maybe leave?" I asked, they all obeyed and walked out.

Why did Niall leave? He knew how bad I was...but he left me. He's gone and I know why. It's because I was never good enough for him.

***

Niall's POV

I parked the car in the parking lot and proceeded to get out of the car. I opened up the door and took in a breath of the cold fresh air. The dark night showed my true feelings of the darkness that filled inside of me.

I walked up to the green door and opened it as the small bell went off. The smell of coffee made its way up my nostrils as I sat down on the same purple chair that Serenity had sat on when I first met her. I used to come here all the time when Serenity wasn't around, it was my little get away.

The anger inside of me was slowly deteriorating and I was becoming myself once more. I pulled out my phone and pressed the photos app. Then the folder that read My Princess. Thousands of photos filled the screen of me and Serenity.

I ordered a Latte and scrolled through the photos. Before long a young girl came and sat opposite me. She just smiled.

"Hi there little one!" I said..most likely a fan. She didn't speak, a tiara identical to the one I'd given Serenity was on top of her head. She handed me a letter before running off.

I pulled open the envelope to find 3 guitar picks...the same guitar picks I'd given to my niece before she passed away.

***

A/N:

OMG IM SOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING OK. LIKE I'VE BEEN SO STRESSED THESE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS BUT HERE IT IS IM SORRY OK.

Oooo what might those guitar picks mean I wonder?? I hope Serenity's gonna be okay...what is she gonna do if Niall's not there?

Guys there's only 6 chapters left of Princess :-( I may write a sequal...who wants that? Pleasee comment below. Anywho until next time...

Stay beautiful!

Abbie x