Chapter 11 - Dark Niall

Serenity's POV

They rolled me into the double doors before placing needles into my arms and chest area. A clear plastic mask was placed over my mouth and nose that seemed to let out a toxic chemical. I could feel myself slowly falling too sleep. I ached and my body just wanted warmth and comfort so I slowly closed my eyes.

Niall's POV

I said those 3 words and I bet she never even heard them, it hurt me too tell her this way but I needed too. I walked back into the waiting room and sat down next to Louis who put his arm around me. The once happy, loud lad was now a sad, depressed one. 

"It's okay, mate," he snuffled. " Everything's going to be fine, she's okay." his words comforted me but also tore into me as if my heart was paper. What if she wasn't going to be fine? What if she wasn't going to be okay? The words spun around in my mind. Before I heard Sophie let out a little weep.

Everyone turned their head too look at her. She must of been the worst out of all us...even me. The thought of me knowing Serenity longer than I did and too see her this way would of crushed me even more than it has. She's grown up with Serenity and I couldn't help but look at her in the eyes with a reassuring glance.

"Harry...I can't do this anymore." she whimpered as she looked too the floor. She was snuggled into Harrys chest as he flopped his arm around her, she was cuddling into one of Serenity's old blankets to keep her warm.

"Do what, sweetheart?" he asked her, looking slightly concerned.

"Live." she replied. Everyone looked at her before I snapped.

"You selfish cow! Who the fuck do you think you are? Serenity is in there fighting for her life but because you are obviously upset you think that's a reason too end it! Serenity would trade lives with you in a heart beat! You fucking stupid hor-"

"That's enough, Niall." Zayn said as he stood up and put his hand on my shoulder. However, it wasn't enough as tears flung from my eyes as I shouted.

"You seriously need too re-look at your life if you think it's worth ending because too Serenity if she had your life she'd keep hold of it for fucking ever! You stupid cow! I thought you were pretty smart seems too me that you're just a selfish brat. Please, sort your issues out before you even step foot near Serenity." I screamed at her. This wasn't me...I'd never reacted this way too anyone before. I stormed out of the double doors at the end of the corridor and into the parking lot. Camera's were outside taking pictures of my broken face.

"Niall, what's wrong with your girlfriend?" they shouted.

"Niall! Is your girlfriend shaving her head?" another shouted.

"Only freaks get Leukaemia!" another reporter shouted. Did they just call Serenity a freak? I stood up and walked towards him. I held onto the top of his shirt and leaned in, looking him square in the eye.

"Call my girlfriend a freak again and instead of taking photos of the outside of this place, you'll be taking photos of the inside." I snarled as I pushed him too the floor. Everyone fell silent and looked at what I had done. A few ran over too help pick the sick man back too his feet.

"Let this be a warning. Everyone who says anything about my girlfriend having Leukemia will get hurt." I shouted as I stormed back inside. That was the last straw.

Serenity's POV

I awoke in the same room that I'd feel asleep in. 6 doctors were peering over me as I felt some sort of tube be pulled from my throat, it was a weird sticky feeling. Before I could open my eyes the bed was being wheeled back into the hospital room only a few hours ago me and Niall where in.

A few moments later, everyone came into my room. Everyone except Niall...where was he? Sophie was the first too hug me, I ached as she touched my tender body. She pulled away and as she did so she also pulled away my first chunk of hair. The thought of loosing my hair hurt me but if it was too make me better, it had to be done.

Sophie went pale and looked down at the hair that had just come from my head. Her eyes filled up with tears as she glanced between the hair and myself. She fell too her knees and dropped the hair in front of her.

I wish I could of got up too help her but I couldn't, I was hooked up too hundreds of monitors. Harry picked Sophie up and sat down with her on the other side of the room, he pulled out her inhaler and helped her breathe. If I did too die at least I knew Harry was going too be able too look after Sophie for me, that was reassuring.

An hour later when everyone had calmed down a knock was at the door. Everyone looked at each other confused before the handle slowly began too turn. Niall. He was stood there with red roses that matched the colour of his eyes.

The room was silent as he walked towards with me with the flowers. He handed me them and sat in the armchair next to me as he stroked my hair he looked down at the bed as a single tear fell from his eyes.

"Can we be left for a moment please?" I asked everyone. They all nodded and walked out of the room obediently, leaving only me and Niall.

"Why are you so beautiful?" he asked me as he glanced up at me. I realised that he too had a lock of my hair in his hands...chee these were going fast. I shook my head but he took hold of my chin with his hands.

"No, Serenity. You are the most beautiful person I have ever seen in my life. Inside and out. From now on you will be Princess. You will be Princess of everything beautiful because you are and I don't want you ever too forget about that. You are and always will be perfect but I need you too promise me something?" I nodded looking deeply into my eyes.

"I want you too be a battle princess. Make sure when it comes too the big battles you have come too face you win every single one." He meant my chemotherapy and I nodded, he smiled and planted his lips onto mine. Everything was beautiful before a doctor came rushing in, I didn't understand what was happening.

"Niall?" I shouted as he looked at me with panic in his eyes. What was going on?

"Serenity...can you hear me?" I heard him shout, erm of course I could...duh?

"Yeah of course I can...what's going on?" I saw tears fill in his eyes before I realised I could stand up. I stood up and looked at him but there was somebody on the bed where I had just been not seconds before. Niall never even noticed me, he had his eyes fixed onto the bed. That's when I realised...that person on the bed. Was me.

***

A/N:

DUH DUH DUHHHHHHHH!!! Oooo what is happening?! Sorry for such a short chapter but I have a pretty bad migraine so I needed too get it done asap. Hmm what's happened to Serenity, leave comments below.

But for now, I need you too help me! I am going on a date tomorrow with a boy I've crushed on for like...ever and I want you too help me talk to him. Subjects? What do I say? How do I greet him? etc!

That would mean a lot but for now I need to rest my aching head, stay beautiful!!

Abbie x