•••

My guess was that she went for a walk because her white Mercedes was still parked in the garage. Countless times I tried her cell but it went directly to voicemail. Finally, I reached a point of absolute worry and I went out looking for her. I walked down the street and there was no sign of here. She couldn't have gone that far because we lived in an open area where there was a total of eight other people living on the same street we where and we hardly talked to any of them. Yet alone know them. Finally, I saw a figure turning down the corner of our street. Then I burst into a run. Sprinting down the freshly paved road. I came to a stop once I had a closer view of who it was. It was her.

"Nicole." I said, breathing heavily.

"Are you okay?" She said, looking at me. I nodded in response.

"Owen, I think I should tell you." She said and she took my hand and we walked back to the house together. The leaves crunched under our feet, for it was fall and where we lived, we experienced all the four seasons. Fall was Nicole's favorite. Mine was Spring, for some odd reason.

"Are you going to tell me?" I asked quietly.

"Yes." She said and she took a deep breath. I could feel my heart pound faster, for I feared it really was going to be about our unborn child and that we had lost it.

"Well, a few days ago. Simon called me," she paused, she seemed as if she was trying to choose her words carefully. "He told me that he's rebuilding Jurassic World. He wanted me too keep it from you because we had both agreed it would have been a  nice surprise for your birthday that's coming up." I felt so relieved that nothing happened to our child. I looked over at Nicole, who was smiling smugly.

"Really?" I questioned.

"Really." She said. Now we had reached the end of our stone driveway and I slipped my hand around her waist and pulled her close to me. Touching my lips to hers.

•••

The rest of the evening was calm and relaxing. Together the pair of us sat down on the couch and we dimmed the lights, but we kept on just enough so that Nicole could see what she was reading. I laid my head on her thighs and listened to her voice echo off the walls as she read.

~~~~~~

- Nicole's POV -

It felt good to tell Owen about the reopening of the park, though I did want it to be a surprise. Together we sat in Owen's truck, on the road to Simon's mansion. It was about an hour drive and after a while, I began to shift in my seat. Never was I good with long car rides. I didn't like sitting for a long amount of time in a place where I had hardly any room to move.

"We're almost there Nikki," Owen said trying to reassure me.

"I know," I said and I then tried to focus on something other than being squeezed into a small place of confinement.

"Maybe music will help," Owen said turning up the sound in the car. A familiar tune caught my ear and I smiled. It was one of my all time favorites, You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC. My fingers found the volume button and I turned it up even more.

"She was a fast machine she kept her motor clean,
She was the best damn woman that I ever seen,
She had the sightless eyes telling me no lies,
Knocking me out with those American thighs.
Taking more than her share,
Had me fighting for air,
She told me to come but I was already there,
'Cause the walls start shaking,
The earth was quaking,
My mind was aching,
And we were making it
And you shook me all night long
Yeah you shook me all night long." I sang along and once I paused for breath, Owen looked at me. I turned down the volume and looked at him.

"Every day I love you more and more. I didn't know you liked AC/DC."

I smiled and said, "There's still a lot you have to find out." I said. The song was still playing in the background. My hand reached to turn up the volume once again but Owen's hand stopped mine.

"I want to finish the song." I simply stated but Owen wouldn't all me too.

"I want to know more about you." He saiid.

"But you already know a lot about me!" I said, still wanting to turn the radio back up and finish the song.

"I do, but like, music wise and all of that." He smiled and took a quick glance at me before turning his attention back to the road.

"Okay. Well, music related, I guess AC/DC, Queen, Maroon 5," I paused trying to think of other artists I really enjoyed listening it. But that was about it. "And that's it really, I'll listen to stuff on the radio but they are my favorites."

"Interesting," was Owen's response. Before we had time to ask and answer any other questions, we pulled into the long brick driveway of Simon's mansion. Both of us got out of the car and rang the doorbell. Moments lasted Simon answered it.

"Ah! Hello guys, come in." He said and he gestured for us to come inside. We did and he smiled at me.

"Couldn't keep it a secret much long, could you?" he asked me and I shook my head no.

We walked into the one of the large rooms. The one that Simon and I have been meeting in for the past week or so.

Oddly enough, even though I had been here for a week in this every room every day after work, the surroundings still felt unfamiliar to me. The black marble floor, mahogany long table with matching chairs and book shelf that stretched all along the walls. Books aligned their shelves, most of them covered in dust. On the table were the blueprints and other official papers, waiting to be signed.

"Wow, so this is a completely new design than the design of the old park." Said Owen picking up one of them and looking at it.

"Yes, a whole new park, a whole new design, " Simon said. "Shall we begin?"

Simon and Owen sat down in one of the chairs, except for me. I stood.

All the plans were working out and all was going well. But what we didn't know, was what still roamed free on that island.

And that it was a deadly hybrid that we never found.

~~~~~~

So, yeah, Uhh this chapter sucks. Next
One will be better, I promise! Until next time...

- Kat