Chapter 18

Author's Note: I am so glad to be writing again! My vacation was so much fun! Anyway. I'm sure you all are anxious to see what is going to happen, so here! Happy reading! Enjoy!! :) Oh almost forgot! JURASSIC WORLD SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!! YASSSSSS NOW 2018 CAN'T COME FAST ENOUGH!!!!! OMG AHHHHHHH *major excitement* BUT SINCE UNIVERSAL PICTURES ARE MAKING THE SEQUEL, DO YOU THINK THEY'LL USE THIS AS THE STORY LINE?!?! PROBABLY NOT BUT THAT WOULD BE AWESOME IF THAT HAPPENED! Okay, now enjoy! :D (sometimes the pic won't show but I saw on Instagram, via my friend that there will be a Jurassic World sequel and it will be released on June, 22nd of 2018)

~~~~~~~

- Nicole's POV -

My body hit cold water. My thoughts were on Owen and only him. Was he okay? I surfaced for air and I looked around. The water was slightly calm. The shoreline was not to far from where I was so I swam over.

I pulled myself out of the water and rested on muddy ground. I lay there looking up at the sky. The stars shone brightly, making them very visible to see. I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing. As my heart rate slowly decreased and went back to normal, I stood up. I brushed myself off and I took off the jacket I had on and rinsed it off in the water. Once all that was done, I tied the jacket around my waist leaving me in my plaid shirt.

I shivered as a cold gust of wind came through. My wet hair stuck to the back of my neck and shoulders. I was never going to find Owen now. Part of me told me to wait until dawn but the other said no. So I did what I knew was right.

I walked into the dense jungle, hoping to find something that would lead me to Owen. The jungle never seemed to end and I was beginning to think that Owen, nor, the hybrid, came through here. That's when I heard a screeching noise and I followed the sound. My gun was ready to shoot incase whatever was behind those bushes decided to lunge at me.

Carefully I moved the branches and leaves of the bush aside to reveal the hybrid. Across its pale orange skin were claw marks, that appeared to be healing. Also multiple gun shot wounds. It was a pterodactyl and it was larger than the usual pterodactyl.    

Once again the creature screeched and it spread it's wings and tried to fly. It was incapable of doing so for it's left wing had some holes in them. I aimed my gun at it and my finger pushed down on the trigger and I, releasing a bullet.

It hit the pterodactyl and it gave one last loud screech before it fell to the ground. It was dead. I walked over to it, taking a closer look. Marked on the side of it's neck was a number. It read, H385. It seemed familiar and I thought to where I could have seen that particular number before. I couldn't place it at the moment but I'm sure it would come to me later. Owen. I almost had forgotten.

"Owen!" I called his name and I got no response. I looked in the direction that the pterodactyl's beak was pointing at and I saw some broken tree limbs and I ran in that direction.

"Owen!" I called his name once again but still no answer. Panic and worry fell upon me as I ran into a small cleaning and there Owen lay.

~~~~~~~~

- Owen's POV -

I told everyone that I would take first watch. They all nodded in agreement and Nicole curled up next to me and fell asleep. I smiled down at her and then looked back out and up at the night sky.

All was quite for a while. I sat thinking about Nicole and this whole mess that we got ourselves into. When Claire called me and told me that Nicole and her were going back to island I automatically accepted without hesitation. Did I really know what was going to happen and what we were coming back here for? No. I did it to see Nicole again.

She looked the same, except her hair. Her once dark blonde hair had changed to a shade of like an orange blonde color. The lighter shade bought out her blue eyes more.

From the corner of my eye I saw something move in the bushes so I got up to go investigate. I had my gun ready and I walked into the jungle. Nothing was there. I assumed whatever it was left but I was wrong.

The creature jumped and at me and I shot at it. The damn thing wouldn't give up though. I turned and ran. I came to a stop near the edge of a cliff. As the hybrid closed in on me I shot at it.

"Owen!" I heard someone call my name and I looked up to see Nicole running towards me.

"Nicole, get away from here! It's too dangerous!" I yelled back to her but of course I knew she wasn't going to listen. The hybrid closed in on me, pushing me closer and closer to the edge of the cliff. I still continued to shoot at it and Nicole joined in and helped. A screech sounded from the hybrid and fell off the edge of the cliff. Taking me with it.

"Owen no!" I heard Nicole shout before my body hit the water. I wasn't in the water long before the hybrid came and picked me up. It's large jaws closing around me. I held tightly onto by gun and I had one good shot. I pulled the trigger and then the hybrid fell. That was the last thing I remembered before landed on the ground and blacked out.

~~~~~~~~

- Nicole's POV -

"Owen." I whispered and I ran over to him. I fell to my knees, dropping my gun. His face was scratched up and some parts of his clothes were ripped in places. I felt for a pulse but I felt nothing.

"No. Owen, no you can't be dead. Please no." I said as I felt the tears beginning to form in my eyes. It was only seconds later that I sat there on the ground crying. I took his hand and squeezed it tightly. Tears still continued to fall down my cheeks and I held back a sob.

"I will marry you Owen. I will." I whispered, looking down at him.

•••

That was probably the first time I had cried myself to sleep in 17 years. The last time I did was probably over something stupid. I honestly don't remember but this hurt. Way more than my parent's death. More than my brother and sister leaving me.

I woke up and remembered all of what happened last night. I found Owen dead, I told him I would marry him but now that wasn't going to happen. I fell asleep holding his hand. But now, I was holding nothing. I looked to my left and saw that Owen was gone.

~~~~~~~~

And that is the end of this chapter! I couldn't really think of a good cliffhanger but I hope this was a good update! Next update Wednesday! Hope it was worth the wait :)

- Kat