Chapter 11

Author's Note: You guys are totally awesome! I love reading your comments! So a slight earlier update. Later in the week I may have to go back to updating at 11-1 am. I'll have to see what's going on. Okay enjoy!! *smirks*

~~~~~~~

- Nicole's POV -

My whole body went numb. I stood frozen in place and my gun slipped from my hand. Oh god, I could only imagine what Owen was thinking.

"Nicole?" He stepped out from the bushes and now stood a few feet in front of me.

"Yes?" I said meeting his gaze. His brown eyes stared into my blue ones.

"Are you real or are you just a figment of my imagination?" He asked quietly.

Vivian was right. I put Owen through hell in the past 24 hours or so. But what he did to me was hell too. Brooke, now dead. I don't know why he did it, even if he really did like her. To accuse me of murdering her. That just crossed the limit.

"Nicole?" Owen asked again and I nodded.

"Are you real?"

"I am," I said and I reached out and took his hand.

"How?" Owen asked.

"It's a long story, you my want to take a seat." I said.

"Why don't we go to my old bungalow?" Owen said smirking. I smiled and we walked hand in hand to his bungalow.

~~~~~~

- Owen's POV -

I walked through the thick bushes only to see Nicole standing there. Nicole. My heart skipped a beat when I saw her standing there. She was beautiful. Since I met her I thought she was. I wanted to tell her how sorry I was but all that came out was,

"Nicole?" I stepped closer to her.

"Yes?" She whispered and her blue eyes met mine.

"Are you real or just a figment of my imagination?" I asked her quietly. She didn't answer me. We just stated at each other for a while.

"Nicole?" I asked again and she nodded slightly.

"Are you real?" I was worried she wasn't going to say no and that she really was just a figment of my imagination. That meant she really was lost to me.

"I am." She said and she took my hand. She was real.

"How?" I asked her.

"It's a long story, you may want to take seat." Nicole said but an idea came to mind.

"Why don't we go to my old bungalow?" I asked her smirking. She smiled and we began our long walk to my bungalow hand in hand.

Why not suggest we go to my bungalow. If Nicole had some long story to tell me I didn't want to be in the middle of the jungle. Silently we walked the long walk to the bungalow.

•••

"Well here we are," I said as Nicole and I stood in front of the old bungalow that I used to call home.

"Still looks the same." Nicole said. It did still look the same. I remembered the first time Nicole was here. If I recall correctly we had dinner together.

"So this long story, does it require a cup of coffee to go with it?" I asked.

"If you'd like. Also if the coffee maker still works." Nicole said smiling.

"Fine, okay. No coffee then." I sat down on the musty old couch and Nicole sat next to me.

"So tell me. How are you alive exactly?" I asked and she looked at me.

"Well," she began. "after you accused me of killing Brooke. I ran off to Indominous Rex cage." She told me all about Vic and Dr. Wu and how there was a new Indominus Rex.

"You'd think these asshole would learn the first time but no." I stated and Nicole laughed.

"Dr. Wu named it Indy. Kinda cute but not the point. So Dr. Wu has been creating more genetically modified hybrids. He returned two months after the whole incident. That gave him enough time to create all this."

"You haven't gotten to where you never died." I pointed out and she rolled her eyes at me.

"After I woke up in the control room, I was unable to move. I thought once Vic took that shot that I was for sure dead."
"But you weren't," I chimed in and Nicole put a finger to her lips, signaling me to shut up and let her finish.

"Well it was when I was laying on that cold floor unable to move that I realized that Vic had switched the guns. He never wanted me dead."

"Hell, that bastard did a pretty good job. When I saw you I thought you really were dead." I said and I looked at Nicole. She was looking at me. It wasn't how she normally would look at me though. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she wanted to know what I though.

"You want to know what I thought when I saw you. Don't you?" She nodded and I took a deep breath.

I began telling her about how all of us saw her sitting in the Indominus Rex cage and then Vic came in.

"I made him take me to you. At that time I didn't know you were- uhh dead. I walked into that room and when I saw you there. My heart broke." I said. Now was a good time to apologize to her.

"I'm sorry you had gone through all of that." Nicole whispered.

"I am too. But ever since I did see you dead, I couldn't help but feel guilty.
Brooke, she wasn't actually my girlfriend. I used her to make you jealous. I wanted to go after you that day you left me but I didn't. I just didn't know what I would say."
Immediately after I said that I felt better.

"Owen, I know there much more to that apology. I accept it. Owen Grady I love you." Nicole said and she kissed me. I pulled her close to me and she wrapped her arms around my neck. After what seemed like hours I broke the kiss.

"Nicole, there's something I have to ask you."

"Yeah, what is it?" She asked tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Once all of this dinosaur shit is taken care of and we're done with this whole mission or whatever. Will you marry me?"

I know I didn't have a ring but right now it didn't matter. I had lost her once and I wasn't going to loose her again. Nicole opened her mouth to give me an answer but she never did. There was a loud roar that came from outside and Nicole and I both grabbed our guns and ran outside to see a T-Rex standing there.

"Together?" She asked?

"Together." I said in response and we ran.

~~~~~~~~

Wow, I have to say. I love cliffhangers but this one kinda sucked. Guess you'll have to find out in the next chapter if Nicole excepts Owen's wedding proposal haha...

- Kat