Chapter 24

Author's Note: *IMPORTANT*
Okay, this is the last chapter.
Last chapter. The next book, which will be the actual end of the story all together. Which is sad I know. I really don't want to stop writing this soon to be trilogy but all good things must come to an end. But for now, enjoy the last chapter! :) also, this is my longest chapter. A total of 3,464 words!

~~~~~~~

- Nicole's POV -

Two months passed, then three months, four and five, and eventually six. Leading us into the fall times of November. The day to Owen and I's wedding came closer and I became more and more nervous. Our love for each other grew more and more by the day and I was looking forward to the day I said "I do." My dress had been chosen, along with who was the maid of honor, Claire of course. I chose her dress to be blue but she picked the style of it. After five months of planning, we decided on the final and began preparations.

Through out this time I kept thinking about my brother and sister. Wondering if they knew where I was, what I was doing, whether or not if I was still alive. They didn't know about my job offer after college. I pretty much disappeared out of they're lives like they did with mine. One night I was thinking about this more than I must have realized because Owen asked me if anything was wrong. At first I denied but eventually, told him. He suggested I call them each. And I was going to, right now.

My hands shook as I pressed my brother's contact on the screen. I was wondering if he was going to be mad or happy to hear from me. I sent both of them an invitation in the mail.

The sudden sound of my brother's voice scared me and I took a deep breath before saying hello.

"Nikki, is that you?"

"Hi Jacob."

"It is! How are you? What have you been doing?" I was glad that he was happy to hear from me.

"I've, let's just say been busy." there was yelling in the background and I laughed slightly.

"You have kids."

"Yeah, four of them."

"Wow, did your wife want that many?"

"We both agreed. But yeah. So have you gone to college? The last I remember seeing you was at your high school graduation."

"Yeah. I went to college."

"What was your major?"

"Animal behavior and paleontology."

"Damn. So your into fossils and shit. Have you heard, of that one park, what was it called. Jurassic World? They were supposed to have live dinosaurs. My kids wanted to go but I told them the following year. Then it  closed."

"Yeah. It was a hell of park. Lots of great times there. But yeah, we closed it due to..." I paused, making sure to carefully choose my words.
"a containment anonymity."

"We? Nikki, did you work there?" Jacob's voice sounded surprised.

"Yeah, worked with all different species. Apatosauruses, triceratops, velociraptors, T-Rex, Mosasaurus."

"Oh my god! If I had known..." I cut him off before he had a chance to finish the sentence.

"It's fine. It's not like you would have known. We haven't spoken in, six years now?"

"And that's my fault. I should have been there for you little sis."

"You're forgiven. But I look forward to seeing you soon."

"What do you mean?"

"Call me when you get my... letter. Bye." And then I hung up. One down, one to go. I called Amelia but there was no answer so I left a voicemail.
I started dinner and shortly after, Owen came home.