Chapter 10

Author's Note: Hope all had a nice 4th of July. I did. Anyway, so I know Simon Masrani died in the film but since plot twists and all. He's not dead. Okay enjoy!

~~~~~~

- Owen's POV -

I snuck away. Sure I felt bad leaving Claire, Zach, Gray and Michael there alone but I felt even worse leaving Nicole. All I could think about was the last thing I said to her. I was about 30 minutes away and I realized I had no idea where the hell I was.

"Hey Vivian? Lowery? Do any of you copy?" I asked. Lowery had managed to find some Bluetooth speakers before we left. Each of us had one.

"Yeah Owen?" Vivian's voiced sounded though the ear piece.

"How's Nicole?" I asked.

"She's dead." Lowery said.

"Well I know that." I said.

"Then why'd you ask?" Lowery said again.

"Lowery! Shut up! Owen is going through a hard time. How'd you like it if you found me dead." Vivian said and I didn't say anything.

"So what's up?" Lowery said.

"I just wanted to know how far I was from the control room."

"You are about an hour's walking distance. Head north." Vivian instructed.

"Thanks," I then headed north.

~~~~~~~~

- Nicole's POV -

Vivian told me to go clean myself up. So I did. I found a bathroom that still was some what functional and I washed the dried blood off my face. I stared at my reflection for a while.

'What does Owen see in me?' I thought.

My thoughts were interrupted by other thoughts that we're more important. I must have been in here for a least more than ten minutes so I left. I walked out and down the hall. I turned the corner and then saw what I least expected to see. Vic's body. It was a horrific sight really. Okay slight exaggeration. His body lay on the floor.

His white polo covered in blood.God Owen. He shot the hell out of this bastard, then again he kinda deserved it. That creep was undressing me with his eyes earlier. Not to mention he was just an ass in general. I was careful not to step in the puddle of blood that was also on the floor. I searched his body for anything that would have been of value to me.

In his pocket was a key. A key to what I had no clue but I shoved it in my pocket and then went back into the control room.

"How's Nicole?" It was Owen. I stopped dead in the doorway.

"She's dead." Lowery said.

"Well I know that." He said. He sounded annoyed.

"Well then why'd you ask?" Lowery said, this time with a slightly more irritated tone.

"Lowery! Shut up! Owen is going through a hard time. How'd you like it if you found me dead." Vivian snapped.

"So what's up?" Lowery said.

"I just wanted to know how far I was from the control room." Owen asked.

"You are about an hour's walking distance. Head north." Vivian instructed.

"Thanks," Owen said and that ended the conversation.

"Guys, what have I done?" I asked walking now into the room so I wouldn't be standing in the doorway.

I sat down between them and Vivian looked at me.

"Nicole, I don't know exactly what to say." She said. There was something she wasn't telling me. And I was going to find out what.

"Anything you're probably going to say is going to make me feel better." I said smiling slightly. Vivian retuned the smile and it quickly disappeared once a man walked into the room.

We all turned to look at him and there was that moment of awkwardness. It was just us staring at each other for a brief minute. Though that brief minute seemed to be like ages.

"Dr. Wu!" The man began to call out but I picked up the gun that was laying by my feet. I aimed it at the guy and pulled the trigger. His body then fell to the floor with a soft thump.

"Oh my god Nicole! You can't just go around killing people!" Vivian shouted and I looked at her and rolled my eyes.
I got up from the chair and walked over to the mans body. I searched for a key. Eventually I found one in his pocket and I pulled out the one I had found on Vic's body earlier.

"Nicole what's that?" Lowery asked as I walked back to my chair.

"Here, you take one." I told Lowery and I handed him the small golden key.

"What's this?" He asked holding it up.

"It's a key. I don't know what it unlocks though but whatever it is, it's probably important. I found this one on Vic's body earlier." I exclaimed and I handed Lowery the other key.

"You went to see Vic's body?" Vivian asked and I nodded. She made a disgusted face and then pointed to the man I had just shot.

"Do you mind getting him out of here?" She asked I just stared at her.

"Vivian are you okay? There's something you're not telling me. You've kinda been on edge lately." I asked looking at her.

"Fine. I've been on edge lately because I never wanted to come back here to begin with!" She snapped and I looked over at Lowery.

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't know. Just-" she paused taking a deep breath.

"Maybe I'm just over thinking a lot. I have been under stress recently and being here isn't helping." She said sighing.

"Why didn't you tell me you didn't want to come back Viv?" Lowery asked.

"I did it for you." She said looking at Lowery. He smiled and I smiled. Really what Vivian and Lowery were having an argument about was completely stupid but I listened anyway.

"Vivian, I'm glad your here. I don't know what I would do without you." Lowery said.

"Aww. Okay sweet moment over. I need to go find Owen and the others. Now Lowery I need you to hold onto this key also you need to be willing to shoot anyone who comes through that door or elevator." He nodded. I stood up and grabbed my gun and an ear piece.

"Now. Whatever you do. Do not leave this room. Dr. Wu is the enemy here and he is willing to risk any lives to get what he wants. First we'll take care of the hybrids and then him."

"Be safe." Vivian and Lowery said in unison and I smiled and gave them both quick hugs. I grabbed the key and left. Sure I never got to here what Vivian was going to tell me about Owen but I'm sure it was something along the lines of,

"He really cares about you and he made mistake about Brooke..." And so on.

•••

I had left about an hour ago and I had no clue where in the hell I was. Anything could have happened to Owen because last time I heard he was coming back to see me. The others. I wonder what they all would think if they woke up and saw Owen gone.

I walked though the over grown jungle. Bugs flew past me making a buzzing sound. Leaves rustled and I would look in the direction the sound came from. My gun ready to shoot if necessary. Even though I knew it was the wind.

The rustling of leaves reached my ears once again and this time I knew it wasn't the wind. I could feel my heart rate increase as my eyes looked through the leaves. I slowly raised my gun ready to shoot whatever came walking or crawling through those leaves.

Once I was able to see what came through the leaves I lowered my gun.

"Owen," I whispered.

~~~~~~

Yikes.... Maybe I should update earlier. These are such blah chapters! Okay earlier update tomorrow!

- Kat