Chapter 13

Author's Note: Okay, I would like to apologize for spelling errors. Also who watches Parks and Rec? *raises hand* it's absolutely great. I love it! So this chapter...
It's blah. Seriously. It is. I know I should stop saying that but I am really tired so this one will be short and blah. Anyway, as always, enjoy! :)

~~~~~

- Nicole's POV -

"Are you serious?" Gray mumbled. Indy gave a loud roar.

"What the hell." Zach said. I saw him and Gray step back some. Michael and Owen raised their guns and aimed it at Indy.

"Wait!" I said and I held my hand out. Indy was smaller than Jennifer. She was way smaller. And way less vicious. Hopefully.

"Owen, Michael lower your guns." I said calmly.

"What the hell are you doing Nicole?" Michael asked and I put my finger to my lips telling him to be silent.

I stepped closer to Indy and held my hand up. Just like how I practiced with the raptors but except I wasn't high above Indy. I was eye level with her.

"Hey Indy." I said softly.

"She's crazy!" Zach said.

"I think we've established that a long time ago," said Gray and I heard the others give a small laugh. I looked back at them and glared. They shut up.

'Oh god I hope this works,' I thought hopefully. Indy came closer to me and her nose was close to my hand.

She sniffed the air cautiously. Growling she turned and vanished though the leaves.

"Damn it Nicole." Owen said and he put his gun back over his shoulder.

"What?" I asked looking at him.

"You could have just been killed." He said with a concerning tone in his voice and I rolled my eyes.

"Indy is still young. I've seen Dr. Wu tend to her like he would a baby. She know's how to act around humans. Also she's seen me before. What we don't know is if she's exactly like Jennifer was or if Dr. Wu created her slightly different." I said.

"So what you're saying is that we should try to train Indy?" Claire asked and I shook my head.

"No. I'm not even sure. All I know is that she isn't the only one."

The thought that Dr. Wu and Hoskins would create such creatures make me sick.

"We should keep moving," Owen said and all of us nodded in agreement.

Slowly we walked though the jungle. No signs of any hybrids. The sun beat down on my forehead and I put my hair up in a sloppy bun. The small strands of loose hair falling out.

Claire walked in front of me and Zach and Gray walked in front of her. Michael and Owen were behind me. Their conversations bored me. Mostly it was just talk about Michael's job as a scientist. I caught up to Claire. There was something I've been meaning to talk to her about.

"Hey Claire, can we talk?" I asked quietly.

"Ohh I know what about too. What's wrong?" She whispered back. Since we were in the middle, any of them could have easily over heard our conversation. So we both made sure we were extra quiet. I've been meaning to talk to her about Justin.

"Owen and I ran into each other in the jungle and then we went back to his bungalow to talk." I began. I told her all about the marriage proposal and she got all excited. Then I told her I said no.

"Are you bullshitting me?" She asked in a flat mono tone.

"No," I responded back with no signs of emotion in my voice.

"What is wrong with you! Owen really loves you!" She was practically shouting now. That caused Zach and Gray to look back at us. I gave them a quick smile and they began talking again.

"How do I tell Justin?" I asked and we continued to walk. Justin. He was okay. I couldn't really compare him to Owen Grady because there really wasn't much to compare too.

Justin, who was a year or of two older than me worked in an office. All he ever seemed to do was paper work.

"I'll leave Justin," I mumbled and she smiled widely like I had just said the best thing in the word.

"And since you are leaving him that means..." She began.

"That means I'll think about Owen's marriage proposal," I said glumly.

"Fanatastic!" Claire said and that ended that conversation.

•••

All of us made camp for the nigh. None of us knew exactly what we were hunting down. There was hardly any luck with the hybrids. Owen said he had only seen one. Two if you count Indy.

"Owen," I whispered.

"Yeah?" He responded quietly. All the others were asleep. Owen had agreed to take first night watch. I had tried to get some sleep but it was almost impossible. There was so much on my mind. Most thoughts preoccupied by Owen, the hybrids and the marriage proposal. I got up quietly and walked over to him. Sitting back down on the ground next to him.

"I don't know exactly how to explain this but these past two years have been different. I-" I began. I wanted to tell Owen how I felt about this whole situation but I never finished my sentence. Owen pressed his lips gently to mine. Kissing me softly. God, I really do love him. Maybe I will marry him. Maybe.

After that Owen and I were silent. A rustling noise sounded through the trees and the leaves shook slightly. It was dead silent and all you could hear were the snapping of silent twigs. Some crickets chirped and I reached for my gun. I glanced over at Owen and saw he did the same. Both of us were on our feet and ready to shoot if needed.

The noise got closer and what came through those bushes was the last thing I would have ever expected to see.

"Blue," Owen said lowering his gun.

~~~~~~

I am so, so, so sorry for shitty update! Oh god. I had to power through this one. I promise the next one will be better! Thank you guys so much! Update Saturday!

- Kat