Chapter Two

The sound of Bailey's singing was terrible, I decided to take out the trash. My best friend was talented in many ways, but singing was not one of them. I hold the bag gently as I come out of the back door. My feet quickly move down the pavement towards the large bin. I toss the bag in, closing it quickly, and rubbing my hands together. My mind kept going back to trying to remember the man I supposedly had sex with, wondering why the hell I had this mark on my wrist. I wore a long sleeve today, just to hide it because I seriously didn't understand what any of this meant. I asked my alpha and supposedly when someone gets marked, depending on the person, they lose their knowledge of that night. It just doesn't make sense to me how I could ever approach a man.

I take a deep breath and turn around to head back into the diner. That's when my eyes land on a slick black car parked in the employee parking zone, where that person, really shouldn't be parked at all. My eyes scan it and I find myself slowly peaking towards the car. I scan it, wondering where the hell is could have come from, it's not from anyone inside. Only Bailey and I are working outside today, and in the kitchen it's only Theo because it's a Monday. I'll just Theo know and hopefully, he figures out where the strange car is from.

With that mindset, I turn around making my way back to the door. I hear Theo telling bailey to shut up as I enter the kitchen. My body fills with laughter at the offended look on Bailey's face, but it serves his right. I'm glad someone had stated that the man just doesn't sing well.

"This is why you're single." Bailey says shoving his shoulder into the taller man who rolls his eyes. The man had his long blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail and his green eyes give the smaller man an irritated look.

"I'm single because my brother decided to be reckless, open up a cafe, and not manage it. Which is why I am here. Why are you single, Bailey? Your terrible singing?"  Theo teases with a small smirk shining on his lips staring down at Bailey with a teasing look in his eyes. I try not to comment on the obvious flirting, but it was obvious I would most likely mention it to Bailey later. With my obvious knowing of Bailey's crush on the older man.

"Well, for your information. I'm actually not interested in dating right now. I have one person in mind and that isn't going to work out, which means I'm single by choice." Bailey dares to say glaring up at Theo and then smacks him with the fresh rag, "make me something."

"Aren't I suppose to be the boss?" Theo winks before turning his attention to preparing a drink for Bailey. My best friend gives me a wide eyed look, as I snicker behind my hand. The cafe was fairly busy right now, but it's later in the day, which it doesn't get too full, meaning we could bicker while still getting work done.

"I've always wanted a bar." Theo admits quietly without looking up from the caffeinated drink he was making. I smile leaning on to the counter watching him as he begins to speak about his dreams and goals in life. Theo had a lot of weight from his family and would never be in this position if it wasn't for his brother. I think something Bailey loved about him was the care he put into things, even when it wasn't his job to do so. Always helping others as much as he could.

"Im going to continue to sing." Bailey tells Theo smacking his arm and then making his way to the cashier. I watch Theo as his eyes follow Bailey for a spilt second before he looks back down to his coffee. When I give him a knowing smirk he shakes his head smiling gently, "no, Winter."

"Yes, Theo."

"Yes, what? Nothing can happen, just because I look at him a little, it doesn't mean anything."

"I never said anything. You said it." I snicker grabbing the tray to go pick up the mess people leave behind, "but if I was going to say something, I would just say grow the balls to ask him out already."