Unnoticed: Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

"Do you know if James is coming today?" I asked, having a flashback of yesterday.

"He said he couldn't, but if he did it'd be late. Didn't James tell you? He was accepted in that job that he was applying for, you know the journalism one?"

"Oh yeah . . . " I mumbled. James didn't tell me!

His car is wayyyyy better than James's. It's a vibrant red sports car. It's sleek and beautiful, with leather seats! It would only be just me and Nate. Wow, I don't think I can breathe properly any more after this! I know I sound like a very excited school girl when her crush has finally talked to her, but that's how I feel!! VERY high. Ok. . . yeah that's getting weird now.

First Nate wanted to go to the arcade section and buy games and stuff. Weirdly enough Izzy invited me to go shopping with her. I was very surprised but pleased as well. Maybe she doesn't hate me after all.

While we were browing through the blacks, hot pinks and reds of the shop Izzy started speaking. To me! "You know, he totally loves you. Why do you think he stormed out yesterday after you practically blew him off by pushing him into another girl?" She asked.

Was she talking about James? But he wouldn't. That would never happen. He knows I like Nathan. "Uhhhh, I really don't know what you're talking about Izzy," I replied, gulping.

"Ugghh. See, this is why I don't like talking to you. You're so stubborn. Annoying too and -"

"I don't care what you think of me! Sort of . . . just get to the point!" I interrupted.

"Sheesh, fine. Look, your best friend wants to be MORE than friends. You're just so stupid you can't even SEE that," she explained.

Soon Nathan came bursting in.

"Izzy's just playing with you Mish. Don't worry about it! James ONLY wants to be friends, right Iz?" Nate questioned.

"Yeah . . . Ruin my fun will you!" She complained, suddenly angry.

Then I let out a laugh. "Oh my gosh! You guys had me sooo worried there. Like, James actually liked me! Woah. Don't ever do that again," I laughed, walking out the door.

It was past 6 and James should've been getting off work now. I called him to come over to where we were.

"Hey James! I know you got that journalism job! Why didn't you tell me? Don't we tell each other everything? Oh well, never mind. Come over to the Corner Shoppes at Downtown. Meet up with us!"

"Uhhh. Sorry Shell, I'll give it a miss. I mean I'm really tired and I wouldn't want to barge. Oh, I gotta go, bye." Then the tone went dead.

I turned around and there was this huge photobooth picture of Nate and Iz.

"Do you like it?" Nate asked.

"Sure," I said cheerily. He won't notice me. Ever.

Then when it was around 8 we had dinner. It was hotdogs and hamburgers.

"James should be off work now, right? Well, I'm calling him." She took out her phone out of her purse and held 8. Speed dial? "Hey James? . . . We're at Corner Shoppes in Downtown. So you better get your butt here in 10 minutes! NO exceptions," she said, slamming her phone shut.

"James won't come. I asked him earlier," I said.

"We'll see," Izzy replied with a sly grin.

n 10 minutes there James was. With his car and all.

"JAMES!! You said that you didn't want to come when I called!" I shouted.

"Ahaha. Yeah. I was straight off work though! I was really tired. Look, I'm really sorry, Shell," he apologized.

"Ok, fine. Don't do it EVER again. Since when did you like Izzy more than me?" I asked, a bit angry.

"I don't like her more than you! You're Shell, she's Iz. That's all the reasoning there is," he reasoned.

A smile creeped up on my face. Ahhh, it was good to have the real James back again.

Nevertheless Nate still dropped me off. It was already wayyy past midnight.

"Thanks so much Nate. For the ride I mean. You have a really REALLY nice car," I complimented. Man what am I doing?

"Ahaha. Thanks Mish," he replied. Then he was leaning over me. Oh my gosh. What was he doing? Was he going to kiss me?!! Wow, I could so squeal and jump up and down right now! He was going to kiss me. I closed my eyes, preparing myself. "Mish, here you go." Huh? I opened my eyes.

"Oh right, thanks Nate. Thanks again for the ride," I thanked. He was just opening the door. Wow. I am such an idiot. I can't believe I am THAT stupid. Of course he wouldn't kiss me!

-----------------------------

That's the first chapter! Hope you liked it! Normal drill: Vote, comment. I'd love it if you do! Thanks.

Ana