Unnoticed: Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

Looks like Izzy and Nate got back together after . . . whatever it was that was happening earlier. They were cuddling and kissing as usual. Whoa, I totally thought I had a chance there. We chatted about usual things. Like, class, homework (we even studied and exchange answers a bit), the stupid silly grademates, the fembots, the jocks, just normal highschool stuff. We also got to know Paige a bit. It looked like Paige was enjoying herself as well. Even when we were bombarding her with crazy questions.

When it was around about 6:20pm Paige's phone rang and we all stopped our conversation.

"Excuse me," Paige said taking the phone out of her pocket. She put her hand to her ears as if she couldn't hear the person on the other line, "yeah. . . But maaaa!! . . . No, I'm at a friends. . . I told you earlier! . . . Ugghh!! My first day ma, and you're treating me like a baby! . . . Ugghh!! FINE! I'll walk home!" Paige sort of screamed, flipping her phone shut. "Uhhhh, sorry about that. Mums, you know. Yeah, I have to go now, this was really fun. Bye Michelle, Nathan and Izzy. Bye James," she smiled especially hugging him. James looked taken aback but he hugged her back.

"I can take you home you know, it's totally fine," James offered.

"Oh, no I couldn't. Besides my house is like 2-3 streets over." And with that she left. "Thanks for having me over," I over heard her thanking me mum.

My mum soon came in as she usually did when it was 6:30, every single night.

"Are you gonna stay. 'Cause I make a nice Mac 'n' cheese," my mum asked.

"We all know you do. Uhhh, yeah sure I think we're staying," James guessed looking at our blank faces.

I hopped off my bed and onto the carpet.

"Wow James. She's sooo pretty! Where'd you meet her? Is she ALWAYS that cheery? Did you just talk to her or where you told to? Which class is she in? Do you like her?" I asked the series of questions not waiting for James' reply.

"Uhhhh. Class, yes, she was nice and I sat next to her, we met in Geography (last period) and I don't think I can answer the last one," he replied.

"Oohhh. So you DO like her!! James. Your first girl friend!" I gasped, excited.

"Well done my man," Nathan congratulated.

"Yeah! Congrats James. She's gorgeous, prettier than the other one you- OW!" Izzy squealed when Nate slapped her hard with his hand, "oh right, never mind."

What was that all about? Did James tell them something that I didn't know?

"Whatever. James, you should definetly ask her out! She'll be perfect for you!" I squealed.

"Yeah, you know what? I think I'm gonna go now. See ya guys," James said leaving, without even looking back to wave or - or anything!

Did I say something?

"Yeah, we should go too. C'mon Iz I'll drop you off. Bye Mish, we might see you tommorrow."

"Hah! Yeah, if James wants to come after you totally blew - OWWW!! Sorry!" She said to Nathan.

"Bye, Mish," Nate smiled, embarrassed. Soon I was left sitting on the yellow carpet, alone in my room, confused.

"I thought they were staying over for dinner, hun. Now, I made extra! Oh, what a waste," my mum stated, poking her head through my door.

*

It was Saturday morning. Finally, a break. I mean, yeah it's only two days but a break's a break. Today since James didn't come to our outing (we went to the Corner Shoppes at downtown) Nate picked me up. I mean I was sort of upset that James couldn't come but very excited about the fact that it would just be me and Nate in the car. By ourselves.