Chapter 36 - Yay or Nay?

Start from the beginning

Sitting up while holding the linen white sheet up to my chest, I reach for the side lamp and turn it on. I regret it slightly because he looks annoyed. The bruised skin on his ribs is immediately in my eye view as I stare at it, but his bitter tone yanks me back to the here and now.

"Do you want me to write it down to make it more obvious for you Victoria?" I frown as he raises both his eyebrows with exasperation and annoyance, half expecting me to answer such a stupid question.

"It's so early though."

He rolls his eyes annoyed and sits down at the base of my bed to slip his socks on. "I don't care. When's your period due?"

What?

I blush slightly as he pauses and looks over his shoulder to gauge my expression. Personal much?

"Next week." I timidly say.

He nod's and continues with the other sock. "How long have you had the rod?"

Why is he asking me personal questions?

"2 years."

He stiffens and looks at me again, face completely impassive.

"It lasts 3 years." I quickly add and he immediately relaxes, exhaling in relief.

"Concered about contraception?" I question jokingly.

"For a moment, yes. Not anymore." He murmurs. "Go to sleep."

"But I can't."

"Jesus Victoria. Just go the fuck to sleep." Zayn scowls.

Woah, whats his problem? That came out of nowhere.

I can't comprehend the mood's he's been switching on. Just when I thought I knew him, he completely slaps it right in my face. I can't keep up with him. Can I at least have one conversation without him getting angry at me for a reason I'm oblivious too.

"Stop looking at me like that." He says quietly as he grabs his shirt off the ground.

I glare at him and huff annoyed as I lie back down on the bed. My previous view of the now, white ceiling is all I see again.

"Why are you so angry at me?" I question under my breath, feeling slightly confident.

He doesn't say anything; he remains silent, keeping every thought to himself as he continues to dress himself.

So many questions— so little time.

From my peripheral vision, I see him standing on the side of me. His posture is tall and stiff, with perfectly squared shoulders as he towers over me.

"I'm not angry at you." He frowns, grabbing his Malik cell.

I raise an eyebrow questioningly as he continues to focus on his phone.

"But- you're always angry with me." I confess as I finally sit up to look at him. He looks completely poker faced as he pauses and looks at me.

"No, I'm not." Zayn's voice harden's again. "What makes you think that?" He asks, tilting his head to the side.

"Are you serious right now?"

"How serious can I get Victoria?" He narrows his gaze at me with pity as we meet eye contact.

My eyes fall down to my fiddling fingers. "All I'm trying to say is that every conversation I've had with you, revolves around some kind of anger you have have towards me that I'm completely oblivious too."

"Maybe if you listen to what I say and stop being so stubborn, I wouldn't have to be so irritated with you."

My body tenses as I feel the retaliation building up inside of me. But I vary myself; I slump and relax my whole body as if I've surrendered. I'm not up for an argument.