Chapter 15 - Change of plan.

***MUST READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END TO READ CHAPTER 16 IF YOU CAN'T SEE IT!***

"You look proper fit babe!" James smiled as I step out of the bathroom.

Both Amber and James are lounging on my giant bed, waiting patiently for me to try on the last dress Amber has thrown at me. To be honest I love this dress as well, and I usually hate dresses. It did occur to me that five dresses ago, Amber was just enjoying the fact that I was wearing dresses for once. She was more excited about seeing me in a dress rather than what dress I was going to wear. 

"That one! Definitely wear that one!" Amber smiles as she lie's on her stomach to look at me.

I turn into the mirror and tilt my head at my reflection. The dress that I am wearing is short and tight, but it hugs me perfectly around my thighs to keep it in place. It's a beautiful dark-grape-purple colour that manages to match my pale skin. The back of my dress has a huge hole, revealing flesh that I'd long to cover up. It stops below, where my brastrap is. The side of my dress has two thick black elastic straps, revealing flesh there also where my ribs are.

"Okay, James. Hair up or hair down?"

He smirks.

"Hair down babe. I love girls with their hair down." He winks as I sit in between them. I sigh as my imagination of tonight takes over.

"Re, you look fit. Don't worry." James reassured, probably sensing my uneasiness. "He's a little weird though. How old is he?"

"He's 26." Amber answers.

"He’s five years older than?!” James gapes. “I didn't realise he was 'the' Zayn Malik. I thought he was just another Zayn." He shrugs his shoulders and throws an arm over my shoulder. Yes, James is quite touchy but he's always been like this. At first I thought it was creepy, but as we grew closer, I noticed he did it with every one he was comfortable with.

When I arrived outside Zayn’s apartment, I don’t even have to look twice. I think I'm going to faint as I look up at the beautiful building that stands tall before me. It was probably the shortest drive I've ever had to take. I could have walked here. Zayns apartment is only two blocks away from the hotel.

I take in what I can. This is the One Hyde Park building. Of course Zayn is living in the most expensive residential property in Britain. I tell Blaise where to park, but I have a feeling he already knows. He has dropped me off at the entrance way; in front of the glass door and a small thought falls into my head; Does Zayn own this building too? I doubt it. Last time I heard Christian and Nick Candy did.

Taking a deep breath, I make my way towards the entrance and the doors slide open, welcoming me into a beautiful muted gold, brown and white lobby. It's huge, so spacious and all I notice is the beauty of the big: wide crystal chandelier that's hanging in the middle of the lobby. My heels click against the marble floor, causing an echo to sound out through the room. There are three large couches that surround a fire place. Two couples are happily chatting and throw me a welcoming smile.

I feel self-conscious as I see one of the guys scan my body. Amber's grape dress is hugging me beautifully, and I'm glad James has considered leaving my hair down. My back isn't exposed and I’m pleased with that.

As I walk further into the lobby, on the other side, there are two elevators in front of me. I look to my right and notice the emergency stairs, on my left, there's more elevators. I remember Zayn saying the last one on the left. I walk towards it and see a dial pad. I punch in the code: 011293

The doors slide close, and my heart speeds up. 35 stories high. Jesus.  

I take a glimpse at the time on my phone- 7:22PM. My hands are shaking and the elevator smoothly glides up to the penthouse. The elevator is moving too fast. My heart beat accelerates; my knees are shaking. Oh god this is an agonising wait and that elevator music. It's frustrating me to a pulp.