Chapter 16 - Memory lane, fast lane.

He was silent for a few seconds and the fact that he was giving nothing away was frustrating me.

Do I continue; Do I explain; What do I say? I just told him one of my darkest pasts. Do I trust him? I bite my lip feeling uneasy. His thumb strokes my knuckles, back and forth, and my heart skips a beat as my breathing accelerates. How does he do this to me? He's only touching a very small area of my body, and my heart is flying.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" His mood shifts from poker faced to frustration.

"I don't reveal my past to everyone I meet. I've only known you two seconds." I fidget with my fingers nervously; they're suddenly interesting to look at.

"Look at me." His voice is demanding but soft. I push myself to look at him and his eyes are raw.

"Were you in London or America?"

"America. I moved to London when I was 18. We were at a party when it happened."

"Tori!" I hear Elena's voice shouting over the bass thumping music. I try to tip-toe seeking out over the crowd of people, scanning the claustrophobic room, but I can't find her.

Where is she?

"Re! Over here!" I stumble my way over to the corner where she's seated next to Devon, safely under his arm.

I'm really drunk and I can't stand straight.

Never would I have thought I'd be underage drinking, but the fact that I'm moving to London soon, didn't bother me. So I don't mind facing the consequences of my mother. I collapse next to Elena, giggling to myself uncontrollably as I rest my head on her shoulder. She nuzzles me with her head and chuckles.

"You played so well tonight!" She hugs me tightly and I realise it's the alcohol that's making her even more vulnerable, but I'm too tired too protest against her embrace.

I smile to myself as the earlier events of tonight comes to mind. Elena was friends with Tori Kelly which is strange because our names are similar— maybe that's why Elena calls me Tori instead of Vicky or Re.

Tori Kelly was a guitarist, and Elena contacted Tori about me. I was ecstatic to play for her. She's an amazing musician; fairy tale story she has. YouTube star being discovered and now selling out in stadiums. I loved playing for her; I love playing guitar.

"Do you think Tori'll let me play for her again?" I slurred my words slowly, feeling myself doze off. Oh this couch is comfortable.

"Of course." She taps on my leg as I start to doze off.

I wake up but the rooms spinning. I still feel mildly affected by the alcohol. Am I still drunk? The music around me is still blasting and girls and boys are intimately pashing each other. This is awkward. I stand up, feeling a little unsteady and pull out my phone. Crap it's 3 in the morning. I was supposed to be home at 1. I push through the crowd feeling myself sobering as the chilling air hits me. Fuck its cold. Where's Elena?!

I call her, but she doesn't pick up. I can't call my Mom either, she'd kill me. I go back inside, and hunt around the house, turning down shots, denying wondering hands that manage to slap my ass or grab a handful of breast; it's so frustrating. But even after putting up with all these people, I can't find her.

Walking upstairs, I search a few bedrooms. Some empty, some err... Occupied and some completely trashed. This house is huge. I don't bother searching the last two because well, I've already seen enough. I feel sorry for the people who own this house but I don't care about that right now. I need to find Elena.

"Re?!" Relief floods through me as I hear Devon.

I turn to face him and he's peeking outside a bedroom door I decided not to look in. Of course it had to be one of these doors.