Chapter 35 - You're in control.

We stand at easy distance, both Zayn and I glaring at Devon.

Devon's grin hasn't left his face since he's asked that question and my skin is crawling with fear and anticipation. I can almost feel Zayns anger growing by the second. Devon continues to walks closer, slow and unpredictable. How does he know?!

"You like what I did with the car?" Devon smiles, gesturing to the now trashed tires. "No hard feelings right? I mean, you can afford fixing her shit. You'd probably get her a new car instead of fixing the stupid tires itself. Is your toilet paper hundred dollar bills?" He laughs at his own jokes causing an affect of sending unwanted chills down my spine.

"Why are you here?" Zayn questions softly but there is a gravelly edge to it.

"Oh, he speaks." Devon's eyes widen sardonically. "Why am I here? Thanks to you, Mr. Fuck up Devon's life, I can't get a job." He smiles but it's forced and unsettling. It makes my skin crawl. "Since you've fucked up my life, it's only simple for me to fuck up yours."

"This isn't the time and place to speak about this type of subject." Zayn's tone is in the careful business persona but I can tell it's a struggle.

"Oh for fucks sake, I couldn't give two fucks even if I had it." Devon shakes his head in disappointment and leans on the boot of my car.

"This is a nice ride if I do say so myself. Too bad I had to slash the tires so you couldn't go anywhere." Devon says, gaze focused on me as I swallow down my pride.

"What do you want Devon?!" I ask this time and he raises an eyebrow at me. Zayns grip tightens around my arm.

"Let me go." I mutter quietly to Zayn.

"No."

"Let me go."

"No!"

"Zayn. Please. I need my phone." I mutter.

"I'll get it."

"Ahh hello?" Devon butts in like the annoying piece of shit he is.

He waves gently. "I'm right here. Are you done being all rainbows and ponies and shit? I'd love to talk to Tori."

"Over my dead body, Anderson." Zayn spits through gritted teeth.

"Oh, Mr Malik is getting defensive." Devon smiles wickedly. "2 is company Zayn, 3 is just crashing the party and if you so ever bring Mark into this, the consequences will be met with Tori." He waves to someone behind us, a fake smile plastered on his face.

I turn curiously behind me, but Zayns eyes are solemnly focused on Devon. Mark appears around the corner, slowly walking towards us on high alerts.

"If he comes any closer-"

"What do you want, Devon?! What's your game?!" I blanch as the adrenaline kicks in.

He spreads his arms out, that same cocky smirk printed on his face. He starts to walk closer, a heavy gaze of scowls cross his face and I step back.

"Reunion, Tori. Wouldn't it be nice if we could relive the best night of your life."

"I think you should stay away." Zayn says, voice completely calm. He pulls me behind him and I hear Devon sigh.

"Now, now. Sharing is caring."

"She wants nothing to do with you. I'm sure I made myself clear when I fired your screwed up ass."

Devon chuckles. "Screwed up? Which guy are you talking about here Zayn. Me or you? If I do say so myself— having a contract to have sex with Tori, is pretty screwed up. Do you have trust issues?"