Chapter 20 - Sensitive what?

I catch my bottom lip between my teeth as we continue to stare at each other.

He stands tall in the doorway, not making a move and I'm doing the same— standing self-consciously in the middle of the room. I swallow hard as his intimidating aura sneaks under my skin. He tilts his head to the side and his eyes fall down my body. I look down at myself, there's nothing really to stare at to be honest.

Just jeans and a shirt.

Him on the other hand; his hair is always so disheveled. He looks as if he's just finished a really hectic business meeting, but he still manages to look so beautiful. His bow ties undone, his blazer is undone and the top two buttons of his linen shirt are undone. Maybe his flys undone— I blush momentarily at the thought.

"I believe you have some complications with Emma." Zayn says, finally breaking the killer silence.

I gulp and my head falls down to my twiddling fingers.

"A little." I mumble incoherently.

He sighs, but fails to show the frustration in his face.

How'd he get inside anyway?

Maybe Amber let him in.

"Why?" Zayn questions after a light pause. "Look at me."

I bite my lip and he scowls.

He walks in slowly, his eyes scanning the room and my desk which is quite empty and alien to stare at. He frowns and noticed the emptiness the room has become.

"I'm sure I've stated why."

"When you're speaking with me, you're more regarded. I need you to be honest with me Victoria— like your messages." He looks at me, still refusing to give anything away.

How am I supposed to be honest with him when he looks so immaculate and intimidating?

I stutter too much, how could he not notice?!

He slowly swallows up the distance between us and my stomach fills with desire. Two days that I haven't seen him— two freaking days. If I knew talking about Emma was going to make him drive or fly to Bradford, I would have done it yesterday.

"Aren't you staying in London?" I question.

"Yes." He looks at me, narrowing his eyes.

"Why are you here?"

"Would you rather I'm not, Victoria?" He tilts his head again as he stands before me. His scent, oh god I missed his scent. It smells good. My breathing hitches in my throat but the one thing he refuses to do, is touch me.

"No. I'm glad you're here. It's just, why?" I question, feeling confused.

Touch me!

He frowns. "You're good with manipulation Miss Greene. But I believe you still haven't answered my question."

I roll my eyes.

"I don't like her."

"Why?" He frowns again, obviously confused.

I don't see why he's confused.

"You know why!" I snarl.

"Say it!" He says quietly but chilly enough to feel the cold effects shivering down my spine.

"Because she's 15 years older than you Zayn!" He finally touches me, but it's a touch I wasn't expecting.

His hand is on my mouth as my outburst breaks out of me.