Chapter 33 - Disturbing yet relieving.

Mark is waiting patiently at the Heathrow arrival terminal looking immaculate as usual— black sharp suite, white shirt and black tie.

I swallow hard and make my way towards him.

"Hello Mark." I smile sheepishly and he nods, giving me a small— but welcoming smile.

"Afternoon Miss Greene." Mark replies formally.

My smile drops slightly. "Please call me Re."

"Of course, Re. May I take your bags?"

"It's okay. I've got them."

He frowns momentarily and looks slightly lost for a split second. Biting my lip, Mark motions me out of the airport and I see the familiar black Audi SUV come to view as we continue to walk into the all-too-big parking lot. Mark is quick, he opens the back door for me and grabs my luggage and places it in the back all in the time span of me making myself comfortable in the back seat.

He closes my door before I get to and is in the driver's seat seconds later.

We drive in comfortable silence, making his way through central London. The same gloomy weather slightly matches the way I feel. I'm anxious to see Zayn but at the same time I'm nervous. If he's still angry with me, I'm in trouble.

I'm close to asking Mark to take me to back to the airport so I can fly back to see my Mom, or if we were being more realistic Mark can take me to my new home, back to Amber. I miss Amber.

The car slows down and we're soon taken over by darkness. He stops outside the underground entrance and helps me out with easy gracefulness and places a hand out towards the elevator to stop it from closing.

"I will bring your luggage up." Mark says tone warm and welcoming.

"Thank you." I smile back as he punches in the code and very slowly, the elevator doors close and he salutes which makes me giggle to myself.

Thanks to Mark, for a split second, I can feel relaxed, but the elevators are moving too fast, way too fast. I don't even think I can move. The ding of the elevator sounds and I'm met with the impressive wide-and-tall mahogany doors.

Taking a deep breath, I make my way over to the door and open it very slowly.

My hearts in my throat and I'm finding it hard to even talk let alone walk. I take a step forward and stay dead in my place as the door clicks shut. His scent over takes my confidence. I'm weak from that smell.

Just like how I remembered, the huge, huge spacious foyer. I look around the penthouse and see the small paintings I'm already familiar with and the three step mahogany staircase that leads down to the wide lounge, sitting room area.

The figure, covered in a well clean cut suite is by the floor-to-ceiling window running his hand through his hair.

He slowly turns his body and faces me.

In my head, I picture myself walking over to him and his arms wrap around me in a tight, welcoming embrace.

But I can't move. I won't move. Is he still angry at me?

I'm happy to see him, I really am— but what am I going to expect?

"I'll talk to you later Daniel." He mutters and just the sound of his voice humming through my ears seems to calm me down.

He takes off his blazer and drapes it over the dining room chair and soon after; his tie has been thrown on it too.

Zayn places his Malik cell on the dining room table and saunters towards me.