Chapter 14 - friendly visiting in London.

I watch cautiously as Ted finally signs the dotted line.

I’m hoping that this is actually a success rather than a let down. When I look at Zayn, he's watching me again; his impassive stare is locked on mine. My face heats up as I bite my lip and look down at my knotted fingers.

"Looks like we've sealed the deal Mr Malik." Ted smiles, stands and leans over the table to shake his hand. Zayn stands this time, a head taller than Ted and takes his hand. Shaking it formally as he nods.

"It’s great doing business with you Mr Turner." Zayn turns his stare on me and his face falls into a slight glare.

I call bullshit in that sentence.

I stand and gather all my notes ignoring his cold approach.

"Miss Greene." I see his hand waiting for mine.

I roll my eyes and take it. We shake for a second and I can feel the currents between us. I pull away earlier than he anticipated and I see the pity in his eyes.

"Mark has taken your belongings to your hotel, and I wish you all the luck in the future Mr Turner." Zayn smiles reassuringly to Ted, but it's not the beautiful smile I love.

"I couldn't thank you enough Mr Malik. It’s been a huge honour!" Oh my god, Ted. Calm down.

"It's my pleasure Mr Turner. I can assure that your business will be off to a beautiful start." Zayn walks over to the door and Ted follows.

But me of course is lagging behind.

"Re? Today would be nice." Ted raises an eyebrow.

I roll my eyes as my face heats up. Asshole.

"I'll stop by the hotel to see how you're settling in." Zayn says and I scoff. Two pairs of eyes are on me and I mentally hide away.

"Sorry, I have something in my throat."

Ted shakes his head in disapproval. "Well we better get going then. Re." Ted waves his hand, telling me to hurry up.

I place the papers and files in Ted's brief case and walk around the table and finally to the door. When I walk through, Zayn leans down and grabs my wrist to stop me in place. I hold my breath.

"I'll call you later. I'm still pissed off at you." He stands back as Ted turns around to see if I'm following behind.

I swallow hard and beam a huge smile at him.

"Until next time Mr Malik." I tease and a cunning smile falls on his lips.

"Miss Greene it's been a pleasure seeing you again." He nods formally and I find myself walking a lot quicker to get out of this office. Out of this building even. Ted notices my change of action, but he's being a good individual and decides not to question my odd behaviour.

"Jesus Re! Look at your suite!" I gape as I glance around the penthouse. Zayn got me the fucking penthouse. Dropping my purse where I stand, I continue to browse around the beautiful spacious room.

The furnishings here are ultra modern. All muted dark golds with bronze starbursts on the walls. Everything is so well put together. The velvet soft, plush white carpet— Oh god, I can just tell I'll end up staining it somehow.

The chandelier that hangs beautifully off the ceiling is shining throughout the entry way of the room. The art work that is so detailed you'd think it was really photographed. The view— oh my god. The view is breath taking.

So far there are two bedrooms and I'm surprised that they get bigger through each room. But there's another bedroom. I walk straight through the lounge noticing the double doors in front of me.