Chapter 25 - Disobeying, comes consequences.

The dull brown walls that surround me feel as if they're closing in on me.

I can't handle being stuck in this hotel room— dwelling on all these situations that I've happened to come across since meeting Zayn.

Zayn's with Devon right now.

It's been almost half an hour and they're still in a meeting, together. In the same room, breathing that same air. Does this usually happen? Is this normal? I need to get out of here.

I change into something a little more American and weather-fitting. It's hot in California right now. It's not cold. Pulling my jersey off, I search through my luggage that I haven't quite unpacked yet and grabbed my high waisted jean shorts.

It's been awhile since I've worn these. I wonder inwardly if I can still fit them. If anything it would be too small, but I can always try them on. Surprisingly, they still fit and before I knew it— I'm out the door. I double check if I have my own key which was hidden in Zayns bedside table.

He's terrible at hiding things. I'm left thinking of what he'd do if he comes back and I'm gone. I'm sure I'll be back before the meeting is finished. I just want to get the heck out of this building. I stop as soon as I notice someone by the elevator.

Blaise. I take a deep breath and continue walking as if I was doing a daily deed. When I come to his eye view and I reach to press the down button, he's quick to stop me.

"Ma'am, Mr Malik has given me strict policy to keep you in this building." He stands poker faced in front of me.

Shit. I take a deep breath and attempt to act calm. I moisten my lips and tilt my head at him.

"Did he now?" I raise my eyebrow at Blaise and he swallows. Oh, am I intimidating him?

"Yes ma'am."

"Do you see Mr Malik around here?" I ask politely.

"No ma'am."

"Then I think it would be best if you let me go." I smile gently.

He shifts on his feet, his hands behind his back and he straightens his posture, looking slightly intimidating himself. Maybe he's doing this on purpose to scare me. It works, but it's not quite as daunting as Zayn to be honest. I can actually stand up to Blaise.

"I can't do that ma'am." He replies, voice in no change of tone.

"Please call me Re." I mutter annoyed.

"Yes ma'am- Re." He corrects himself mid-sentence.

"Blaise, if I ask you to escort me, will you? I'm sure I'll be safer with you and we both have contact with Zayn. Zayn has told me to stay in this building, not the penthouse. I want to check out the hotel for myself." Please say yes, please say yes. "Please escort me?"

He actually thinks about it but I'm mentally preparing myself for denial.

"The pleasure is mine Re." Wait what?!

I think I need to hear that again, did he just say yes?! He turns around and with one long finger, Blaise presses the down button.

The elevator doors close and I'm stuck in here with Blaise. Great, my plan didn't turn out so well, but at least I got out of that stupid room. I pull out the brochure that was on the dining room table the first day we arrived. I mentally reminded myself to read it when I decided to leave the room. Lucky I did, because I wouldn't know where to go if I didn't.

Theres three theatres in this hotel; two arcade rooms for children and 3 pools with 2 jacuzzi's on the ground floor. A lot of recreational stuff to do, but what I really want to do is just get the fuck out of here.