There is no way he'd mate such a person. She is bloody poisonous! Numerous men have claimed their other half made them stronger but the Everton girl has made him weaker, literally.

He finally got in his bed, slightly angry at himself that he let his mind stray in such a forbidden direction yet mentally thanking his mother's shy gaze, he pulled his covers up.

Lily got straight to work, fluffing and propping up his pillows, pulling the covers to his chin and then slowly feeding him the soup.

"So," Lilly started, stirring the bowl of soup nervously. "how are you?"

Her son laughed, a humorless laughter that had Lilly mentally beating herself up with a stick. What was she thinking asking that when she could see how sick he is?

"Is that a trick question mother?" JJ asked rudely. But when he saw the shame in his mother's eyes, he calmed his anger. "I've been better, finding a mate hasn't been all that good to me. Some fucked up luck that is, yeah?" He said, his voice caring much bitterness.

At that, Lilly felt the tiniest amount of guilt before reminding herself that her deeds were indeed for the good of the pack. That was enough to chase the guilt away, and the next words will be for the good of her son.

"I'm sorry, that was insensitive of me." she said, placing the now empty bowl on the bedside table. "There's something--  I need you to hear what I have to say OK baby boy?" She asked her son who looked at her suspiciously. "What? Just spit it out!" JJ demanded, he knew his mother's crazy requests.

"Just listen, please?" She begged and JJ gave in. It couldn't be that bad, after all this was his mother and she loved him.

"You are sick because your wolf wants his mate near." She stated. JJ just rolled his eyes, he knew that. "I've already figured out that much mom. What's new?"
Lilly braced herself. "I think you should BE with your mate." she said.

"No fucking way in Hell mother!" JJ protested, it angered him that his mother could ask this of him, she knew how he felt about the lying traitor.

"It will heal you JJ!" She retorted, "It will heal you faster than this soup," she said pointing at the empty bowl. "And better than any hospital ever could."

"No ma," JJ said nearly rising off the bed, an act his mother halted with a hand pressing at his shoulder. "I've done everything you've asked of me over the years, not this. Not this time."

"You don't have to officially mate her." Lilly pressed on, she couldn't have him biting her anyway. He'd see into her memories and discover the truth of the events surrounding the girl. He could not know.

"Huh?" JJ asked puzzled, was his mother asking him to use his mate to get better?
"Physical contact alone would nurse you back to health, but um, a little more than JUST physical contact would heal you instantly." Lilly stuttered, the sexual topic with her own child much was hard to tackle.

JJ understood his mother's point, but he didn't want to be tied down to that girl. "But won't I just get sick again afterwards?"

"Not if you officially reject he immediately after, no." Lilly suggested lowly, her eyes darting everywhere but her son's way, already a safe distance away from the bed. Of course it was quite the risk suggesting that anything untoward be done to another wolf's mate- even if said mate was loathed with a depth that could only compare to the pits of Hell.

"What?" JJ asked his mind already running a mile a minute, but his mother mistook his tone for anger. "You-you don't love JJ, you hate her remember?! This shouldn't be that hard for you!" Now frantic with sweat gathering on her eyebrows, the Luna preached. "Remember that I'm doing this for you baby, because I lo-"

"I'll do it!" Much to his mother's surprise- JJ voiced his rather rash agreement, his voice strong despite his ill appearance. He couldn't and wouldn't turn away such an opportunity, no. Not when it when it came to him PRACTICALLY wrapped with a pink bow. How easy is getting back at your enemies, really? He wondered, why didn't he think of this? Its brilliant he thought. He no longer had to contemplate his next move, he needn't even lift a finger because an act so foul would surely unleash the most hurt on his most precious mistake of a mate.

JJ lay back on his bed with a smile that looked less than appealing on his worn features, he was about to satisfy his sexual urges AND break that pathetic girl's heart all in one go. If that wasn't reason enough to celebrate then he didn't know what was because this would be THE perfect revenge.

***
A/N

Hello there loves, my apologies for the neglect of ATR, it was beyond my control but thank you so much for your support, I am glad you guys are enjoying the story. Your votes, reads and comments encourage me so thank you.

I hope this update does you justice for waiting so long. Cheers cause this Addict loves you!