Return of the Wizard

Start from the beginning

Thranduil and Bard tried to stop him from leaving, but he insisted. I waited for him to leave the two of them before talking to him.

"How are you all up there? Do you need food? I could get you some before you leave."

"Echo calm down, we're fine." Bilbo replied.

"Really? Because-"

"Well done! Mr. Baggins!" Someone exclaims, cutting me off. "There is always more about you than anyone expects!"

Right, Gandalf.

That would be my cue to leave. I nodded to both of them, before slipping off into the darkness of the outskirts of the camp.

I'd promised to meet Legolas on the edge of the camp around midnight. We had to keep meeting in secret because he couldn't risk his father finding out about our relationship. Why that was so I had no clue.

"Echo."

Just the sound of his voice sent shivers down my spine.

I turned toward the source of his voice, and pulled him into a tight hug. He held me close as I buried my head in his shoulder.

He pulled my back, holding my shoulders and looking into my eyes. "Is something wrong my love?"

I nodded, "My friends are starving in that mountain and I can do nothing about it."

"Echo." His voice was tender as he brushed a stray piece of hair put of my have.

"Don't worry about the dwarfs, they'll be fine."

"You say that with so much disdain."

"I don't understand why you like the dwarfs."

I smiled, "It's only those thirteen."

"I still don't understand it."

"What do you understand about me?"
He smiled, "Absolutely nothing."

Before I could take another breath his lips were on mine. The kiss was gentle and sweet, exactly what I needed.

I pulled back just an inch, so that our foreheads were touching.

"But you make it all better," I whispered.

I feel him smile, "I know I do." His smile slowly fades. "They're going down to the mountain again tomorrow. I tried to convince my father for let you go but..."

I sighed and pulled completely away from him.

"It's alright, it's not your fault."

"But..."

"But I have to go. Someone might miss me."

He nodded solemnly, and I sighed as I stared into his beautiful eyes.

I reached out and caressed his face, "I love you my darling prince."

He put his hand on top of mine, "And I love you too my precious princess."

I smiled at him as I moved back toward the tents.

"Wait, Echo," he called after me. I turned back to have him.

"Same time, same place tomorrow?"

I smiled, "Of course."

With that, I took of back toward my tent.

~~**~~

"You realize you're the only woman here, right?"

I looked up from sharpening my knives, and saw Bard standing over me. I motioned for him to take a seat around the fire.

He sat down across from me, and I shook my head.

"I'm not actually. Have you meant Tauriel?"

"Well then one of the only ones. Why are you here?"

I shrugged, "A battle is imminent, with the new of Dain coming. I've never been in a real battle before, I've only read about them and trained for them."

"He shook his head, there's more than that."

Yeah, I was never allowed to leave Rivendell before.

"Nothing more."

He raised his eyebrows, "There is certainly more to you then meets the eye."

I smirked, "I'm an open book. Did you already go up to the mountain?"

"Yes. And having the Arkenstone seemed to make no difference to Thorin. Although he did-"

Bard was cut off by the sound of a small voice calling my name. We both turned, and found Bilbo standing behind me.

I smiled at him, "Bilbo. It seems you couldn't part from this place."

"He was kicked out my Thorin," Bard explained.

"Why?"

"For stealing the Arkenstone," Bilbo replied.

I sighed, "You stupid little hobbit. Why would you steal that? Anyway, how are they?"

"Complaining about the lack of food taste, but other than that fine."

"Good."

"How've you been?" Bilbo asked.

A small smile appeared on my face, "Just fine."

Both Bard and Bilbo gave me a look, but both said nothing. 

"I've been meaning to ask," Bard piped up. "Where did you get that golden bow?"

"The mountain. One of the dwarfs found it for me."

Bard nodded, and I got up when I saw Legolas out of the corner of my eye.

"I'm sorry, but I really must be going. Bilbo, nice to see you again. Bard, I see you enough."

I got up and walked over to Legolas.

"What is it?"

"Follow me."

He lead me through the camp, to a ridge just beyond the tents. I frowned when I look over it.

"That's Dain?"

He nodded.

"There's more than I thought there would be."

"They're still no match for us, if it comes to that."

"If? Isn't that the whole reason we're here?"

Legolas sighed, "Not everything results on battle."

"But what if-"

I was cut off by the darkest cloud I'd ever seen covering the sun. Thunder boomed through the valley, and I gasped at what I saw.

"An entire army of Orcs!"

My eyes meant his, and we both shared the same frantic look.

"It's time to fight my beloved princess." He held out his hand to me.

I took it, and slid my bow into my other hand.

"And we shall fight it together my dear prince."

He nodded, "Together."

I smiled, my forage battle was at hand. And I would be fighting it with the one person I loved more than anything. There was no way we could loose, especially if we had the dwarfs at our side as well.

The battle of five armies was about to begin.

~~**~~

Yeah, yeah there was a bunch of timing problems in that. Ah well, screw it. I've gotten so much feedback on this story recently and I love every single one of your comments! You guys make my day! I love all of you so much! I CAN'T WAIT TO WRITE THE BATTLE. IT'S GOING TO PERFECT AND HEARTBREAKING AND I CAN'T WAIT.

Love always,

Kateeeeeee