Return of the Wizard

Chapter Thirteen--- Return of the Wizard

"What did he say?" I asked Legolas as I approached him and Bard.

"All you need to know is that the mountain is now under siege," Bard replied.

I sighed, "Stubborn dwarfs."

"What did you do here?" Legolas asked, a scared tone to his voice.

I chuckled, "Only held an archery contest love."

He turned his head to me, and gave me a blank stare.

I've always hade a better sense of humor than most elves. It comes from being stuck in one place for so long. I got hysterical once, if that's even a thing.

Legolas started waking away, and he noded for me to follow him.

"Why an archery contest?" He asked me.

I shrugged, "Isn't that what you Woodland elves do? Feast, feast, and some more feasting? You're a merry little bunch compared to Rivendell."

He shook his head, "Whatever you say. But anyway, there's someone who wants to see you."

I raised my eyebrows, someone to see me? That spells trouble.

"Who?"

Legolas just smiled, "You'll see."

"Is that a smile I see? This must be good."

He motioned toward an open tent, and I ducked inside.

My eyes scanned the tent, and I smiled when I saw an old man with a grey robe sitting in the corner.

"Gandalf! You're alive!"

He turned, and smiled at me, "Of course I'm alive my dear. Now please, sit. We have much to discus."

Oh right, he knew nothing of the dwarf's quest since Mirkwood.

Of course we had much to discus.

~~**~~

I watched with little interest as some of the men from Lake-town practiced their shooting. I was put in charge of training some of the men who had... less experience.

"Breath," I instructed one of them men, a bored tone to my voice. "You're not relaxing and breathing. You're tense. Relax."

The man nodded, and that time he almost hit the bulls eye.

Of course.

"Echo."

I turn to see one of Thranduil's messengers standing there.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Your presence is requested in Gandalf's tent."

I nodded, told the men they could take a break, and followed the messenger.

When I arrived outside the tent I found Bard, Thranduil, and Bilbo sitting around a fire.

Wait, Bilbo?

My eyes widened when I saw him, as did his.

But, it seemed to me he was getting up to leave.

He turned away from me and continued what ever he was saying before I arrived.

"Thank you very much I am sure," he said with a bow. "But I don't think I ought to leave my friends like this, after all we have gone through together." He gave me an accusing look. "And I promise to wake old Bombur at midnight, too! Really I most be going, and quickly."