Ding Dong the Dragon's Dead!

Chapter Twelve--- Ding Dong the Dragon's Dead!

"Thranduil," I said, bowing before the Elven king.

I was right, it was an army. Mirkwood's army.

"Nae saian luume'," he replied. It has been too long.

I heard a shuffling of feet behind him, and Legolas's beautiful face appeared behind him. A huge smile appeared on his face when his eyes meant mine, and my face had a look that mirrored his exactly.

"Where do you plan to go now?" Thranduil asked me, in the common tongue this time.

"There is only one place my heart lies, and it is right here," I told him, my eyes never breaking contact with Legolas's.

"We march for the mountain tomorrow, if you would care to join us."

I bowed to him, "I would be honoured."

"How good are you with a bow?"

I smiled even bigger, "You're talking to Rivendell's finest, and that's Elrond's opinion, not mine."

A bit of a stretched truth there, but oh well.

"My Lord, if we are the march on the mountain, do you know of Smaug's where abouts?"

"I do," a new voice popped up. I turned, to see Bard the Bowman staring me in the face. "The dragon fell to my arrow only a few nights ago."

It all made sense now.

I nodded, "Of course, I should have known."

I bowed to Thranduil one more time, before nodding to Legolas, and following him out of the huge crowd.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as soon as we were out of earshot of everyone else.

"I volunteered to 'scout' what was going on up here. Really I figured what was happening and came up to see you."

He smiled at me, and took my hands in his. "Amin mella lle," he whispered.

His lips were almost touching mine.

"I love you too."

Then, his lips did touch mine. It wasn't quick this time, long and sweet. And I loved it, of course I did. I kissed him back.

After about ten seconds, he pulled back, and stared into my eyes. His eyes raised ever so slightly, so that he could see what was slung over my shoulder.  His eyes grew into oranges when he saw it.

"Where did you get that?"

I smiled triumphantly, "The gold bow? In Erebor. One of the dwarfs found it for me."

He shook his head at me, "How you mange to always I have the best weapons I do not understand."

I laughed, "You're not supposed to."

"Legolas," a voice called to him. "The king wishes to see you."

He nodded to me, and I followed him down to where Thranduil was waiting for us.

"We march for the mountain tonight, ready yourselves for battle."

"Who do you plan on fighting?" I asked him.

"Whoever we meat."

The dwarfs. I knew he mean the dwarfs.

And I knew I couldn't let that happen.

~~**~~

"Are you sure we have to walk all that way?" I asked Legolas as we sat on the roof of one of the buildings in Lake-town.

"No, there are a few horses we can take. But I believe there's only four."

"Make sure to reserve one for me, ok? I just ran that whole way, I don't feel like doing it again."

He shoo his head at me, "Why did you run the whole way here?"

I smiled, "Because I wanted to see you silly!"

He smiled at me, and opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by someone in the street yelling to us.

"We ride for the mountain when the sun has fully risen," they called. We both nodded, and hopped off the building. Legolas led me to where they were keeping the four horses, and made sure that I got one. When everyone was all ready to go, Thranduil, Legolas, Bard, and I rode out to the front of the group.