Dinner with a vampire. Did I mention I'm vegetarian? (16)

Start from the beginning

I sighed, as I felt the heartfelt longing ebb away. I hauled myself up, and reluctantly headed for the shower. I grabbed some clothes out of the wardrobe - black skinnies and a tank top, with a black and white checked zip-up hoodie. I grabbed a pair of converse, and left my room.

What? I was feeling emotional! Emo clothes figure.

I locked myself in the bathroom, and turned the shower on, letting it wash all the grime away. I got dressed, and didn't bother with my hair. I ruffled it up a bit, and swept my fringe to the side. It will pass as bead head. I quickly applied thick black make up.

It felt good to get back to my emo roots. I missed it. You can only do slut for so long.

I was about to put all my (Lyla's) make up away, when I dropped the eye shadow. It burst open, and powder fell everywhere.

"Shit," I muttered. I dropped to my knees, and quickly swept it up; glad I had dropped it on the wooden part of the floor. I popped the case back into the make up bag, and was about to put it away when I dropped that too.

"Woo, butter fingers or what?" I thought. I snatched it off the floor, and chucked it into the vanity cabinet in my wardrobe. By this time, my head was thumping, and my stomach was cramping painfully. I walked back into my bedroom, and dropped onto my front, army crawling under the bed. Time to cross off another day on my makeshift calendar. I grabbed a pencil off the floor, and made a small mark on the wall. 16th August. That date rang a bell for some reason. I screwed my forehead up, trying to remember the significance.

Hang on, if I had been here just over two weeks, and if it was halfway through August...

Dropping things? Headaches? Stomach cramps? Messed up emotions? Panicking, I started counting twenty-eight days back.

"Oh," I breathed.

Houston, we may have a problem.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lyla was away. It was a Sunday, so all the staff had a day off. The only people in the house were Fabian and I. Oh great... just great.

I searched the whole house, until I eventually found him, swimming lengths in the indoor pool. He broke the surface, and seeing me standing there, he smiled, and hoisted himself out. My mouth formed a little 'O'. He wore nothing but swim shorts (Phew - not Speedos!).

His stomach was beautifully toned, - a six pack. Droplets of water ran down his body, gliding over his silky smooth skin. I longed to just stroke his chest... touch his white skin.

His almost white hair was plastered to his face, falling over his eyes. I watched, as he jerked his head to the side, flicking his fringe out of his eyes.

Oh man, he really was... fit.

"Oh shut up girly!" the voice in my head growled, sounding exasperated. "Keep your bloody hormones under control!"

"Whatever, you are just a voice, you wouldn't understand," I jeered back, in my head obviously.

"Insulted," the voice replied, offended. Serves it right.

"Morning," Fabian said brightly, not even a hint of colour in his cheeks, despite the fact he had just been swimming. Instead, his chest rose and fell a little quicker than usual, and his breaths were slightly sharper, but not much so.

"Morning," I grunted back, attempting and failing to be enthusiastic about the word 'morning'.

"Cheer up, the sun is shining, and the birds are singing. It's gonna be a bright, bright, bright sun-shiny day," he chirped, singing the last part. I looked doubtfully out of one of the floor to ceiling windows. Heavy grey clouds hung over the estate and it looked stormy. I raised my eyebrows at him.