Chapter 15: Bedroom Decorating

Friday 19th August

"What about this one?" I asked them.

Noah, Kate and Jack were with me and we are all shopping for mine and Noah's new bedroom. They both agreed that we needed to re decorate and they insist that they are helping pay for it but they aren't, we have money.

"That's gorgeous." Kate said.

"Absolutely not, look at all the flowers on it, I am not living like that until we move out." Noah said.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, placing it back down on the rack and looking through some more. At the minute we were still at the start, with the wallpaper, and we just couldn't agree on one, they were either too girly for Noah or too disgusting for me.

"Okay so you two, all of the teal stuff isn't working for you. How about you go more of a natural color and go brown or beige even, perhaps cream. They are unisex colors and they are the colors adults have in their rooms." Kate said.

I looked to Noah and he shrugged. That could look really nice and it is going to be easier to match flooring with it.

"We could if you want. I like brown and that could look really nice in our room." Noah said.

"Yeah I guess we could go and look at the cream colors."

We walked off in the direction off the different colors, it was in the brown/cream/beige aisle. We walked down it and I instantly see one that I thought was really nice but simple, and it would go really nice in our new room. It was horizontal colored thick stripes. The first stripe at the top of the wallpaper was a cream color, then the other one was a dark brown. It was really nice and simple.

"What about this?" I asked, holding up the paper.

"I'm not feeling brown. These are just such dull colors. What about burgundy. I could live with burgundy stuff in the bedroom."

I rolled my eyes, sighing... This is going to be a long day!

..........................................................................................................................................................................

1 hour later we walked out of B&Q with our wallpaper and paint. Finally after 45 minutes of going through all the colors we found a wallpaper that is black and teal. The background is a teal color and then it has circles on it in black. It is really nice and then we got a matching teal paint. It all came to $45.75C which isn't too bad. But this is going to look nice. Noah took so long deciding though, some of it was me but when one of us found something we liked the other hated it, but then we finally both love this one so we got it. About time too!

"Where to now?" Noah asked.

"I don't know. What's the best place for furniture around here? We need a bed, you have a walk in wardrobe so we don't need drawers. A bookcase, what else?" I asked.

"I am getting something small for the room. Just a television because the baby will like to watch it when your in the bedroom. Don't argue with me I want to do it." Kate said.

"Okay let's go to Benson's for beds first and we'll get the bed." Jack said.

So we got into the car and drove off.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

4 hours and a full car later we finally arrived back home. We had just arrived back from furniture shopping. We have got everything.

We got a bed from Benson's for Bed. It was really comfortable and really nice. It was black leather and it had a draw at the foot end where you can store stuff. It was quite a low bed, so it was easy to get in and out off, and if our baby co sleeps as he gets older he can get out without hurting himself, because he is going to do that whether we want him to or not. We also got a plain white soft/medium mattress from there, we got $100 off since we brought the bed as well. We got a duvet from there, well we got 2 because for 1 I like to wash things weekly and with a baby you never know if your sheets or duvets are going to get messy. We also got 2 mattress protectors, we only got 1 mattress topper since they were quite pricey, we got 4 pillows, a quilt set. It was teal and it had black oval shaped small patterns all over it, and that came with 4 pillow cases. We got some small pillows as well just to scatter them on the bed.