Chapter 9: Unexpected Visitors

Thursday June 24th

It was 3pm and I was just waiting on Katie arriving. She was coming down a day early for my birthday tomorrow since she wanted to wake up with me on my 18th. She was bringing Daniel of course, but he was lovely. 5 minutes later she pulled up and I walked outside to her. Wow she looked incredible. She was almost 24 weeks pregnant now with my baby niece. I hugged her and then did the same to Daniel as everyone else came out of the house.

"It's good to see you hun." mom said to Katie.

"You too mom. How you been?" Katie replied.

"Good. You?"

"Same. Hey Dave." Katie said, hugging him.

Katie and Dave were close as well but not as close and I was with him and how Char is with him because she was 9 when mom and him got together so she knew our dad more than the rest of us. Jake got along with Dave as well but they have a different relationship than the rest of us and him, more of man relationship if you like, less cuddly and everything.

"Hey Katie. Hey Daniel." Dave said as they pulled away.

"Hey Dave, it's good to see you." Daniel said.

"Likewise mate."

We all carried on saying hi before we decided to go inside and just wait for everyone else. We poured some drinks and sat around the dining room table, just chatting. I was eating a fruit pot that I made as they all chatted.

"You excited for tomorrow?" Katie asked me.

"Extremely I can't wait to turn 18. We're gonna have a good day, go to the beach and the shops and out for dinner." I said.

"Nice. We'll make it a great day, trust me."

"Thanks Kat."

They all started chatting about my birthday and everything and then I heard a car door go outside. I got up to see my dad's car there and him rising from the car, but what shocked me the most was that his fiancee Clara was there and her kids; Kelsey, who is 17, Casey who is 15 and Thomas who is 18. I hear he is repeating his Senior Year because he didn't get the grades, in fact he bunked off all his exams so he is having to resit the year, what an idiot!

"What the hell are they doing here?" I asked mom.

"Who?" She asked.

"His new family. Clara and all of her kids, they weren't invited, they can just go straight home." I raised my voice, my hormones kicking in again.

I pulled open the front door, Noah walking towards me fast trying to stop me but I was already out of the door and by their car. I didn't just not like Clara and her family because she was engaged to my dad but they are always trying to ruin things for my family, insisting that they are better than everyone, when Clara is just some 35 year old whore who just wants my dads money. I looked at my dad first and I could feel the awkwardness between us.

"Kaela, it's good to see you." Clara said.

I felt the presence of someone next to me and I looked to see Noah and I grabbed his hand.

"Don't play games Clara, we all know your hear to keep my dad away from me and try and ruin my birthday, like you do every family event that you are invited to, but this one you weren't invited to, so just hop back in your car and go home." I told her calmly.

I wasn't going to get myself stressed out because that wouldn't be good for my baby boy but she wasn't going to get away with trying to pull my family apart again, especially now my baby is involved.