Chapter 4: The Surprise

Sunday May 30th

After dinner had finished I offered to help clean up but got told to just go and relax and that Dave and Jack were doing it. They only had to rinse the plates off and put them in the dishwasher, then turn the dishwasher on. So after dinner we all decided that we wanted to go out. We googled the closest movie theatre to here and it was only a 15 minute walk. We looked at all the movies and decided to try and get in for an 18 horror movie. It was called Sinister.

"That looks good, should we see that?" Noah asked.

"Yeah I think we should." Cam replied.

I nodded in agreement and then everyone looked at Anna. She isn't a huge fan of horror films.

"Do we have to, can't we go and watch something else. And what about Charlotte? She can't get in to that film." Anna said.

"Oh don't worry about me." Char said, coming into the room. "Today at the beach I made a friend and we're going rollerskating in half hour." She added.

"Oh is this a girlfriend or a boyfriend?" I teased.

"It just so happens that he is a boy and he is very nice, but I'm only 15 so he is just a friend."

"That doesn't matter, Noah and I got together when we were 15, it was almost 3 years ago." I told her.

"True but I don't want to be with someone who is just going to be around for the summer."

"I suppose."

"So Anna are we going to see this film or not?" Cam asked her.

"Sure I suppose I can sit through it, but none of you better make me jump or I will cry and run out of the room." Anna said.

We all laughed at her but then I put the Ipad away as we went about getting our stuff together. I then went into the garden where all the adults were sat having a conversation. When I approached they looked at me and smiled.

"We are gonna go to the movie theatre but we will probably be back around 10:30 if that's alright." I told them.

"That's fine with me dear. Here, take my car and enjoy yourselves." mom offered me her car keys.

"I'll have you know that's my car, but go on, enjoy." Dave laughed.

"And here is my card, have some fun but be back by midnight. Is Charlotte still going skating?" Kate asked.

"Yeah she is but she will probably be back by about 9, and no don't worry we can pay for ourselves." I replied.

"Nonsence, we have brought you here so you can take our money, save yours for when your out without us. Well we will see you all later."

I nodded at them, thanking them for the car keys and credit card before walking back into the living room.

"Okay then, we have keys and a card so we can go. Char do you need dropping off?" I asked her.

"No he is coming here and his dad is going to be driving us." Char replied.

"Okay then, have fun."

"I will do. You lot have fun as well."

"We will, oh and keep your phone on you in case anyone needs to get hold of you, oh and take a set of keys in case they are in bed when you get back." I told her, gesturing to the stack of keys in the bowl by the front door on the small table.

"I'll be back by 9, mom has said I need to be home for 10 anyway so I am back way before they go to bed."

"Okay then, bye."