Chapter 8: Shopping&Celebrations

Tuesday 22nd June...

With my mom as Noah was looking at the other baby boy stuff I walked over to the maternity clothes. I had barely anything that fits me, and a lot of it is getting tight so I won't be able to wear it for much longer.

"So you need summer and winter clothes. Remember hunny that you have a credit card for a reason so don't hesitate for stuff that you need."

"I don't expect you to fund me mom, I was the one that got myself pregnant and you shouldn't have to pay for everything that I need for something that I put upon myself."

"Kaela I'm the only one that will fund you, I don't mind. You know we are a family who isn't shy of cash so don't worry about it. You don't have a regular income and I want to be apart of this, I would have done the same thing with Katie if she had fell pregnant at your age, but she has a regular income so I didn't need to, and this will be the only time I get to do this."

"Unless Char tells you she's pregnant at 17." I laughed.

"Have a laugh, she's too immature for a baby." mom laughed.

I smiled at her as we carried on looking for some descent maternity clothes. I picked up a blue dress with white horizontal lines all over it, with a brown belt that rests just above the belly area, and it would fit nicely there since it was growing quite nicely.

"What do you think?" I asked mom, holding it up against myself.

"It's nice. Put it in the basket and you can try it on once you've finished getting more."

I then picked up a black dress that came mid-thigh and it stopped mid arm. It was black with a gold rim at the bottom of the breast area. I put that in as well. There was another pink one that was the same as the black one and stopped mid thigh and in the middle of my arm. It was a hot pink colour and would show off my breasts nicely, not that they needed showing off but still.

We went to the shorts section and I picked up 1 pair of blue denim maternity shorts and some matching ones in grey. We then went to the top section. I picked up 3 maternity nursing vest tops, one in black, one in white and one in red. Apparently they are good for when your pregnant and afterwards if you start breastfeeding because they have a clip at the strap just to pull the top down instead of taking it off, and it is better if you are in public, but I haven't decided if I am going to breastfeed yet.

"They don't have a wide range in here, we will go somewhere else as well, but now it is time for winter clothes." mom said.

"Okay then."

I started looking at some longer trousers and things like that. I picked up a pair of skinny jeans, and the stretchy part comes over the belly. They were light blue. I then picked up some similar white ones as well as black ones. Then finally I picked up 2 pairs of plain black leggings.

"Done?" I asked mom.

"No you need a coat and everything, and swimwear for whiles we're here."

"We're only here for 1 more week."

"Yeah and you have been saying how you can't fit into your bikini anymore and you haven't been going into the ocean. So get one."

I rolled my eyes at her bluntness but headed over to the coats first. I would definitely need one of these in the weather back home, it gets so cold.

"They don't have any decent ones, let's go to new look in a bit and look." I said.

"Okay then, now swimwear."