CHAPTER 1

"P-Please don't hurt me. I-I'll do your homework if you let me go.." I whimpered.

"Good." Zayn said, "Looks like you'll be studying for Mrs. Abbott's geography test tonight."

As Liam and Niall pinned me against the lockers, Zayn pulled out a big text book from his backpack.

"Let him go boys."

Liam and Niall let go of me.

"Ow." I mumbled, rubbing my forearms. I started to going to the gym, which made my arms sore. They were only making it worse.

"Here ya go buddy." Zayn said, plopping the text book in my aching hands.

"Umph."

My arms really hurt.

"See ya later Marcy." Zayn said.

He walked away as Liam and Niall followed.

"Geek!"

"Loser!"

I held onto the textbook and walked down the hall to my locker. I unlocked it and took out my backpack. Since I finished all of my own homework in class and during lunch, I was only stuck with Zayn's work.

The school bell rang and in a breeze everyone was out the building. I waited till the tidal wave of students calmed down, then I walked home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankfully, Zayn and his crew didn't throw things at me while I was walking home, like they usually did.

I opened the door to my house using the house key under the foot mat.

"Mum, I'm home!" I shouted after shutting the door behind me.

"I'm in the kitchen Marcel!" She shouted back.

I walked into our petite kitchen, plopping myself on a chair.

"How was your day?" She asked while chopping vegetables.

"It wasn't the best."

"Are those guys bothering you again?"

"Who? Zayn, Liam, and Niall?"

"Mhm."

"Yeah.. I have to do Zayn's homework."

"Why are you letting these boys do these things to you? You need to learn how to stand uo for yourself, Marce." Mum said.

"I know.. It's just that, that no one really takes me seriously..." I said, trailing off.

"Maybe you need to, need to, shake it up a little." Mum said.

I crinkled up my face.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"I mean sweetie, that maybe if you changed your appearance.."

"Change my looks? Why would I want to do that?" I asked with my still crinkled face.

"Change is good, Marcel. People at school might like you better. And maybe your cousins, aunts and uncles would like to hang out with you and I..." Mum trailed off.

Is she saying what I think she's trying to say? I stood up from my seat.

"So you don't like the way I dress?" I said, with a smaller voice than moments ago.

"No Marcel, it's not that, it's just-"

"Do you want me to change my looks so I won't embarass you infront of our family?! Is that what it is?!!" I said, beginning to shout in anger.

"N-no.."

"I'm just an embarrasment to you." I said, my tone raising, "Aren't I?! Is that why you always talk with Gemma?! Do you even like being around me?!"

She looked at me in silence, with tears in her eyes. Ii know she just didn't want to admit it.

"I need to be alone." I said, walking to the door.

"Marcel! Where are you going?" She said, grabbing my hand.

"I really just need to be alone." I said again flatly, removing her hand from mine.

Mum began to cry.

"Marcel, I'm sorry.'

I ignored her and ran outside.

I just ran. I didn't know where I was going, but I just kept running.

I felt the warm tears drop from my eyes. I didn't bother wiping them because I knew there will be more.

"Hey, is little Marcy crying?" I heard a familiar voice shout.

No. Please, not now.