CHAPTER 16

ZAYN'S POV
Today was another dreaded day of school. Not much was happening, besides the fact that Niall and Perrie and Jade and Liam were extremely close all of a sudden. Clearly something happened between them while I found out my boyfriend's mum is a homophobe.

If I'm going to see Perrie more through Niall, I might as well apologise to her and tell her what's really going on.

I hung around with Marcel until lunch so I could talk to her.

"Marce, I'm gonna go talk to Perrie. Apologise and tell her what's really going on, you know?" I told him.

"Yeah, you should definitely do that," he said. "Before any rumours come up."

I nodded and found My friends and their new girlfriends sitting on the grass.

"Hey lads." I said to the group.

"Hiya Zayn! Oh yeah, we forgot to tell you that we won some ladies' hearts last weekend." Niall said. "If that's alright with you?"

"Yeah, yeah. It's okay, I just need to talk to her." I said, looking at Perrie.

"Just don't steal her back, okay? She belongs to me now," Niall chuckled before kissing Perrie on the cheek.

She got up and following me around the corner of the school building.

"What do you want Zayn?" she said right off the bat.

"I don't want to get back together, if that's what you think. You're better off with him anyways." I said as Perrie nodded. "But I do want to apologise. That was a dumb way to break up with you, so I hope you can forgive me and let me explain."

She looked at me hard.

"Okay, but I need a great reason."

I nodded.

"So a few days before our date, someone and I were getting pretty close I feel, and I just felt that I couldn't keep our relationship going much longer when I had my eyes on someone else. But we can be friends," I suggested. "I'm going to be seeing you a lot anyways, so we might as well make up now."

She nodded.

"Okay, but who are you dating?"

I sighed.

"Don't freak out, and don't tell anyone, alright?"

She nodded.

"I'm dating.. Marcel."

PERRIE'S POV

I yelled when I heard his name.

"I knew it! I knew it!"

"Perrie!" Zayn hushed me.

"Sorry, sorry. But I knew you were gay for him!" I smiled for some reason.

"You're not mad?" he asked.

"Not anymore. You guys look cute together anyways." I laughed.

"Okay good. Just don't tell anyone unless I say so, okay?"

"Can I tell Liam and Jade and Leigh and Jesy?"

"Yeah, just make sure they won't tell anyone else."

"Got it." I laughed. "I can't believe you're gay!"

Zayn rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll see you around then." he said.

"Yup."

We parted ways and I plopped back down on the grass.

"You guys won't believe it.." I began.

MARCEL'S POV

I saw Zayn making his way back to me and I smiled at him.

He sat at the picnic table and blew a sigh of relief.

"How'd it go?" I asked.

"Great. Perrie forgave me and is totally cool with us being a couple." he said. "I told her that she could only tell her close friends."

"That's great babe." I smiled at him.

Man, I really wanted to kiss those pink lips of his but I knew I had to hold back. I sighed.

"If only there was a way to keep Cher from telling the entire school." I said. "I don't even think she's here today."

"Maybe I can ask Louis you know, the one who somehow knows everything about everyone."

He pulled out his phone and texted him.

"I asked him where Cher was."

"Okay."

In nearly an instant Zayn's phone vibrated. He picked it up and looked at Louis' answer.

"He said she's out 'sick' for the rest of the week."

"Huh." I said.

"Yeah."

I sat there and thought for a moment.

"Maybe Cher's absence can work in our favor.." I pondered.

Zayn laughed.

"You look so cute when you're thinking hard."