CHAPTER 17

ZAYN'S POV

"So what's going on in that nerdy mind of yours?" I laughed.

"I have an idea that might save our reputations, and ruin Cher's."

"Go on."

"Alright. So since Cher is meant to be gone this entire week, why don't we take these days and tell everyone ourselves that we're a couple, or that we're gay? It's surely better than being exposed by Cher. And after that, we can get Louis to spread rumours or actual facts about Cher as payback to all she's done to us." Marcel explained.

"Dang, Marce, you are a genius!" I smiled.

A grin grew on that nerd's face.

"I know babe."

MARCEL'S POV

"I'm home Mum." I said when I walked into our house.

She walked in from her bedroom and gave me a hug.

"Hi Marcel, how was today?"

"Great. Zayn and I are starting a really cool project." I said.

"That's great honey. Zayn's really a nice boy."

I nodded.

"He really is."

ZAYN'S POV *TUESDAY*

I talked to Perrie as soon as I saw her at school.

"Perrie, change of plans." I told her at her locker.

"Hm?" she said.

"Instead of keeping me and Marcel a secret, tell everybody. Let everyone know before Cher does, alright?"

"Okay, but why Cher?" she asked.

I forgot, she didn't know a thing about what Cher has done to us, because she acts so innocent.

"It's a long story. Just trust me, she's not who you think she is."

"Alright."

"So you'll do that for me?" I asked her.

"Well.." Perrie started. "I kind of told a few more people than you said I could."

I groaned.

"Perrie.."

She shrugged.

"What? It's not my fault plenty of people are dying to know. Besides, you should be glad I did."

"Okay, thanks Perrie. Make sure you get the guys and the girls in on the situation, alright? Tell anyone, actually." I said.

"Great! Sounds good, Zayn. See you around."

"You too."

MARCEL'S POV

I walked into Biology, dreading our final test, the only sucky thing about the end of the school year.

Nearly all of my classmates looked at me and smiled, some even said words of encouragement.

It took me a minute to realise that all these people knew about me and Zayn. Dang, Perrie was quick.

ZAYNS POV *3 DAYS LATER*

It felt so good entering the school, knowing that most everyone knew our secret, and also supported it. I haven't really heard much negativity about us but if there was, they're too afraid to say it to my face.

In other news, we have one week of school left until we graduate, which is crazy, but I'm glad we all got to spend the end of the year this way.

MARCELS POV

When Zayn and I and the rest of our friends met up before we left school, we were basically giddy with excitement, for so many reasons.

"We did it guys! We finally beat Cher to her own challenge!" Zayn smiled.

"And we graduate next week! This is so exciting!" Jade cheered.

"Starting a new chapter of our lives." Liam grinned.

"Let's go out tonight, in celebration of no more school and more love and just plain happiness!" I chimed in.

A collective "yes" arose in our group, so we settled that we'd take a night in the city tonight.

*LATER THAT NIGHT*

"Mum, I'm gonna go out to the city with my mates, I'll be back before midnight." I told my mum as I grabbed my things.

"Alright, have fun dear! These last few days are going to be your best, so enjoy yourslef!" she said after kissing me on the cheek.

*CHER'S POV*

Oh, the things you can learn when you hook up with the guy who knows everything about everyone.

I got Louis to reveal Marcel's plans tonight, through the power of love, if that's what you'd like to call it.

Marcel and his lover probably are rejoicing that I've been gone, but that's alright cause I'm going to have a little chat with their mummies while they're out having a ball.

*ZAYN'S POV*

With Marce's car and Liam's car, we drove around the city and had the absolute best time. We ate out, got pastries, took thousands of pictures, and celebrated the time we've spent together as friends, lovers and everything in between.

"You know what? Let's get a hotel room. We can stay for the weekend, get away from everything we don't like." I suggested.

We agreed and paid for two rooms between the eight of us (Marce and I, Niall and Perrie, Liam and Jade, and Jesy and Leigh Anne.)

"Girls and boys? Or do we have to keep all you lovebugs together?" Jesy smirked.

"Yeah, let's keep us couples together." Niall winked.

*JESYS POV*

"Leigh and I'll stay with Marce and Zayn, so you heterosexual couples can get it on." I teased.

"Oh shut up Jes." Perrie laughed.

The rooms were very nice and simple. Perfect for tonight.

"Actually, I'm gonna stop at my house so I can tell my mum that I'll be out for the weekend, and grab a few things." Marcel said when we ariived in our room.

"Alright, be back soon Marce." Zayn kissed him before Marce left.

Leigh and I cooed at the boys after he made his way out.

"So how is it with you and Marcel?" Leigh asked in a gossipy voice.

"Honestly, we're on top of the world right now." Zayn smiled wide.

*MARCEL'S POV*

I pulled into the pavement of my house, but noticed an unfamiliar car already parked.

As I made my way to the door, someone came out.

It was Cher, with a cruel grin on her face.

She stepped up to me and whispered, "Have fun being gay, Marcel."