Chapter 21

Its been 3 months since Jack and Johnson's video came out. They were nominated for a VMA and tonights the night of the award show. Jack asked me to be his date and it's the first time we're going out as a couple in public. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous for the interviews and how the fans/Madison is going to take it considering Madison will also be there tonight. 

I pulled the white halter floor length dress over my head. My hair was pin straight and makeup on point. I stared at myself in the mirror knowing I had to look amazing in order to minimize the criticism and comparison to Madison. 

"Wow" I heard a raspy voice from behind me. I turned to see Jack standing in the doorway. I smiled slightly and turned to look back in the mirror bringing my hands down the sides of my waist and turning to the side. 

"Do I look okay?" I asked

He came up behind me in the mirror and moved my hair to the side as he kissed my neck softly. 

"You look absolutely stunning Rachel" He whispered into my ear. I smiled to myself and turned to face him. 

"Are you nervous?" I said adjusting his tie. 

"Fucking terrified" He answered honestly. 

"Don't be, the video is amazing and so are you guys" I leaned up and pecked his lips. 

"One more" Jack said pouting his lips. I leaned up once more connecting our lips again. 

We heard a beep from outside signaling our limo to the award show was here. 

Johnson and his date entered before Jack and I and we listened to music all the way there. We pulled up and waited in a line of cars to exit at the beginning of the red carpet. I started fidgeting with my fingers and looking out the window. Jack must have noticed because he reached over and grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers and bringing it up to his lips to kiss the back of it. 

"You'll be fine, I'll be right next to you the whole time. Okay?" 

I smiled and nodded my head as he leaned down and kissed my forehead. 

Before I knew it someone was opening the door and screams from lined up fans filled the car. Jack grabbed my hand and led the way. I put on a smile for everyone as camera flashes almost blinded me. 

Fans reached over the fence and grabbed for Jack, Johnson and even me? I was confused as to why but okay. 

We finally got our turn on the red carpet. 

"JACK!" "OVER HERE" "GIVE US A SMILE JACK" 

The paparazzi yelled and I honestly didn't even know where to look I just acted like I knew what I was doing standing next to Jack as his hand wrapped around my waist. 

"I have the prettiest date here" Jack said into my ear making me smile uncontrollably and look up at him. 

"Stop it!" I said and he stuck his tongue out at me all the while pictures were being taken of us. 

We finally were finished with pictures and now it was time for interviews. 

"So I'm here with Jack and Jack and their lead roles in their video Rachel Vasquez and Briana Coughlan, How are you guys feeling tonight?"

"Well we're just happy to be here! We never thought we'd be here and so the fact that were even nominated is amazing!" Johnson said in the microphone. 

Jacks hand never left the small of my back. 

After about 3 interviews we made it through without ever having to acknowledge 'us'. I thought we were in the clear until we got to the next one. 

"So.. I have to ask, there's been some rumors going around that you and Rachel are dating.." The interviewer droned off.

I looked up at Jack and he smiled down at me. 

"Oh has there? I didn't know that" Jack laughed 

"So tell us! Are these rumors true?" 

Jack looked over at me and smirked

"Ahhhh, yes they are true. We're together." He said pulling me into his body even further.

"Wow! We love it, we love it! How long has this been going on? Have you kept it a secret for a reason?" She asked about a thousand questions. 

"Haha yeah umm its been about 3 months or so and yeah actually this is the first time telling anyone other than our friends. We wanted to keep it on the down low for a while just to make sure everything worked out with us." He chuckled

"Wow that is awesome so we got the inside scoop?" She asked and we all laughed. 

After that we had about 3 more interviews left and news of Jack and I was already going crazy on social media. 

"So you two are dating? We just found this out today right? Whats your favorite thing about each other?" Another interviewer said. 

"I just love how she can make anyone smile no matter what mood they're in. She's super positive energy to have in your life"

"And she's not bad to look at either!" The interviewer joked. 

"No haha she's absolutely beautiful" He said looking down at me. 

"Omg stop you're making me blush!" I said playfully laughing. 

"And you Rachel?"

"I love his sense of humor. He can make me die laughing with pretty much anything he says. He's awesome" I say looking up at him as he's already staring down at me with a huge grin on his face. 

We sat through the awards and finally it was Jack and Johnson's category. They read off the nominees and showed clips of each video as Jack gripped my hand tightly waiting for the winner. 

"And the winner is..." 

"Cold-Hearted by Jack and Jack!" 

My heart jumped as we stood up I threw my arms around Jack and the camera filmed us. He grabbed my face and planted a kiss on my lips before grabbing my hand and pulling me on stage with him. 

"Wait what?"

"You're coming up with me, You helped with this win!" He said as he lead the way. 

All eyes were on us, cameras, celebrities I never thought I would ever even be in the same room as were looking at me walk up on stage. 

I stood back as Johnson and Jack gave their thank you speech. 

"I'd also like to thank Rachel and Briana for helping us in this video, you both were amazing and we can't thank you enough!" Jack said giving me a wink. I smiled back and blew him a quick kiss. 

We walked off the stage and I threw my arms around Jack again as he spun me around. 

"I'm so happy for you baby!" I said as he put me down and connected our lips aggressively. 

"Let's go home and celebrate" He said in my ear sending shivers down my spine. 

"Home? Don't you wanna go to the after party?!" I said in shock.

"The only thing I wanna do is get you out of that dress" He growled and I blushed bright red shaking my head and biting my lip as he lead me out of the venue and back to our car.