Chapter 7

The next morning we woke up in the apartment and packed up to head back to school. I hadn't told Beth and Adam what happened but I think they're starting to see that something's up. 

I'm in a pickle. I need this job if I ever what to follow my dreams and Jack made me feel amazing. But I just vowed to myself I would never help someone cheat no matter what. The guilt I feel from last night was almost too much to bare. 

"Hey are you okay? You haven't said much since last night" Beth asked on the car ride home. 

"I don't think I'm gunna take the part." I blurted out. I had been thinking about this the entire night. Yes this is my dream but if I don't take the part I'll be able to keep my sanity. 

"WHAT?!" Beth screamed and Adam brought the car to a stop. 

"I just don't think it's a good idea. I need to finish school first" I said looking out the window trying to avoid them asking questions. 

"What has gotten into you?" She asked as she brought her hand up to her chest and gasped dramatically. 

"I just talked to Jack a little last and he's just not a good person. I don't know if I wanna be a part of it." I said trying to not give too much away but also not completely lying about it either. 

"You're doing this Rachel. I don't care about how good of a person he is. This is what you've been waiting for. An opportunity. Sometimes you have to work with people you're not fond of in this industry." She said.

I sighed and nodded my head in response as we pulled back into our dorm parking lot. 

I didn't say much else just took a shower and got into bed. Just as I was about to fall asleep my phone started ringing. Jack.

"Hello?" I answered reluctantly.

"Hey gorgeous. Did you get home safe?" 

"Like you care" I snapped.

"Ohhh feisty tonight are we?" 

"Jack why are you making me do this. I don't like it at all" 

"Rachel you want me just as much as I want you. Just relax and let it happen baby girl."

"Don't call me that" Every time he called me these pet names I just put myself in Madison's shoes and would be heartbroken if my boyfriend was calling another girl these things.

"Oh come on stop it!" He said into the phone sounding a little irritated.

"Did you call for something?" I got to the point. 

"I'm coming to see you tomorrow." he said without asking like he was telling me whether I liked it or not.

"I have classes all day and I-"

"I said.. I'm coming to see you tomorrow Rachel" he cut me off with a stern voice.

"Whatever" I mumbled into the phone.

"Goodnight babe" 

"Yeah. Night" I said and hung up the phone. I'm not doing this. I'm telling him tomorrow when he comes here that I quit. It's not worth the guilt and feeling bad about myself. There will be other opportunities. 

All I can think about is when Dan cheated on me 2 years ago. How broken I was. How I didn't even want to get up out of bed for weeks. Never feeling good enough and blaming myself for not giving him more. 

I refuse to help in doing that to someone else.