Sacrifices

This is a pretty depressing chapter. Sorry about that,  some stuff is going on in my life at the moment and I guess it's reflecting in my writing. Don't worry I'll be fine! Enjoy the chapter!!

I couldn't believe what happened. A broken record repeated over and over in my head. Why was this happening again? When we finally were happy. I sobbed into my pill momentarily glancing over at the empty side of the bed. It used to be filled with her warmth, with love, and most of with her. I thought back to the events of that day, still so fresh in my mind.

.....

"I can explain" She said strongly though I knew those strong words were hallow. I had gotten to know Mei better, she was scared. As she held me behind her, I felt her body tense. It wasn't something you could see, only feel if you were close enough. My chest still exposed I scrambled to button my blouse and cover up. I was mortified. There was no way I could comfort her. What could she say really? What could make this situation not look exactly like it was? It felt like an eternity before anyone spoke.

"Really? What kind of explanation do you have Miss President?" Mami words rolled off her tongue like the snake she truly was. As much as I could never hate anyone, what she did to me I could never forget. Her voice sent a shiver down my spine. Mei briefly looked back at me and the tears forming in my eyes.

Mei sighed. All the determination that she once held was gone. What would she do?

"Look it isn't Yuzu's fault...it was mine. I assaulted her. I wanted to have sex with her." I could hear the sadness in her voice. Why was she saying that??? If anything it was the opposite it, I came into the student council room.

"Wait n.." Before I could say anything she stepped back on my foot causing me to shriek. Loudly.

"This is a school Mei Aihara, do you understand the ramifications of your actions!?" The director of the Disciplinary Committee said loudly.

"You do understand that you will be banned from student council and your position will be revoked until further notice. This is a serious situation." She spoke again stepping closer to Mei.

"Yes" Mei said flatly. I can't get over what just happened. Why the hell did she stop me from talking? Frozen still, I said nothing, I didn't move.

"You know director, these two also happen to be sisters." Mami said a sideways smile slipped through her lips.

Our lives would never be the same from that moment on and I knew it.

"What? Is this true Mei Aihara...is this girl your sister?" The director's words harsh and cut through my ears. She sounded so disgusted from speaking the word sister. I waited silently for Mei's response.

"Yes" she said her voice almost creaking. Never had she faltered. Mei was always so strong even if she faked it, not anymore. She was broken. I watched her fall to her knees, keeping her eyes hidden. When I reached out to her the director swooped in.

"Stay away from her for now. It's for your own good. Mami please assist Miss Aihara to the nurse's station" She said her eyes filled with hatred looking at Mei.

"But ..I...I.." Before I could say anything I was dragged out of the room by Mami. Mei glanced towards me for a moment only to mouth I'm sorry. The director closed to door behind us and all I could hear was her muffled yelling. Mei...why did you do that?

"What a stupid little bitch, that sister of yours" Mami said dragging me along. I'd had enough. Something inside snapped. I released my arm from her grip and slapped her across the face as hard as I could.

"Don't you ever talk that way about Mei." I said trying to catch my breath. It only took a moment for Mami to recover. Pushed against the locker, both wrists pinned down "I wouldn't say shit if I were you Yuzu-chan, I control what happens next just remember that." Venom pouring through her words. I pushed against her.

"Do I have to show you again what I am capable of?" Shifting her knee between my legs rubbing against me. My stomach began to churn and a lump formed in my throat.

"If you don't want anything else to happen to you or your fucked up sister I suggest you listen to me" She said kissing my neck.

"Get off of me!" Tears burned through my eyes, I knew she was serious. Moments later, she let me go. I fell to my knees shaking.

I didn't realize Mami had left me alone until I saw the nurse running towards me. My eyes filled with tears and shaking violently.

"Oh I see what you mean, let's get her back to the nurse's station." She looked at me. I couldn't speak. I should have spoken up. I should have said something anything. My lips wouldn't move, yet they couldn't stop trembling. I played right into Mami's plan. What would happen now?

Mei was removed from office and the vice president stepped up. Everyone around was either disgusted or confused. At least they didn't blame Mei. No one believe that the strong and beautiful student council president could do such a thing. Mei was being homeschooled by people hired by her grandfather. She wasn't able to leave the mansion until further notice. Mama was hurt and confused, she didn't understand and I refused to speak. Maybe it wasn't refusing, but more like I couldn't. There was nothing I could say would bring this family back together. Nothing I can do to make things right with Mei. Mami enjoyed the pain and torment she put me through. She loved every second of it. The only one who really tried to talk to me, the only one who seemed to really care was Harumin. I couldn't even talk to her.

Three weeks and I haven't heard from Mei. How was she doing? What would she think of me? Does she still love me? Thoughts circled my head, it was all too much. Again reaching over to the other side of our bed, I prayed for her warmth to return. I knew it wouldn't come. Mama sobbed again, probably drinking herself sick for the third night in a row. She wasn't the same since Mei left. I couldn't talk to her. I thought to myself, I'm just not strong enough for this.