Ch.46 Any Objections?

Start from the beginning

In addition to Max giving me away, he was also Eric’s best man. Pam was my maid of honor, and I was so excited that my mom was sitting in the first row. Everything was going to schedule and Max put my hand around his arm once the violins started to play.

“This is it!” I squeaked and Max kissed my cheek.

“You look beautiful Violet. It is an honor to give you away to a man that truly loves you.”

Max made me want to cry, but I promised myself I wouldn’t till after I said “I do.”

When the doors opened Max slowly walked me down the aisle. I almost gasped from the scene in front of me. Leona did a tremendous job with all the floating candles in the air lighting up the whole meadow! And let’s not forget all the guests and the roses and lilies! I saw the brother hoods (who all looked cheerful), a few vampire kings (including the king of Florida who smiled at me), Annabelle, and more! But most importantly I saw Eric smiling as he waited for me. I couldn’t help but give a little laugh of happiness. In fact I didn’t think I had ever been that happy until seeing Eric waiting for me at the alter.

When I reached him I handed Pam my bouquet and smiled at Ava, who was another one of my bridesmaids. Max went to stand by Eric and Caine.

The one who was marring us was Apollo. He was actually wearing a tux, which I thought was a little out of place for him, but it looked good needless to say.

“Eric you may now say your vows to Violet.” Apollo grinned and my love took both of my hands in his.

Eric’s eyes were so gentle and I felt everything he was feeling as he said his vows to me. “Violet Amor Knight, there will never be enough words to describe how much I love you. You took a cold man…and you gave him life again. For when I look at you, I don’t just see a woman, but my soul mate. You have shown me more strength and courage, and warmth than anyone I have ever met. I have said before that you are proof that I have a soul, and you are proof that life is not meaningless… You are the sunshine to my nights, and all that I am is yours.”

My eyes swirled with tears listening to Eric. Everything he said, everything he was feeling, hit me like a ton of bricks. I loved him more than anything and this was just making my heart swell with more than I could even think. I could not describe all that I was feeling with human words.

My uncle told me it was my turn to say my vows. “Eric-” But I was cut off as a huge force sent me flying into the aisle.

“This ends now,” Eris sneered and grabbed Eric before disappearing.

“No! Eric!” I screamed and got up. The whole place was now crawling with Eris’s minions. They were either evil elves, vampires, a few things I had no idea what they were, and people were in a panic.

“Violet watch out!” Max yelled to me and I got hit square in the jaw sending me to the ground again.

When I turned over a vampire jumped on top of me knocking the wind straight out my lungs. “Get off!” I yelled and turned into a torch. The vampire instantly burnt to a crisp and was dust in the wind.

After getting up my dress got completely thrashed as all of us fought off Eris’s little army. “Son of a bitch! This is one of a kind!” I growled and made a kabob out of some creepy little monster.

Twenty minutes went by and my mom and Apollo went back to Olympus to see what was happening up there while Max, Caine, and Ambrose followed me back to Eric’s house.

“Violet what are you doing?!” Pam yelled and I told her to take care of the damage control here while I was going to get Eric back.

She told me she didn’t know what I was getting into and that I could die. I simply said, “This is Eric we’re talking about. I know you’re scared for him too. He would do the same for me!”