Chapter One-Forty-Two ✎ - Banner of the Black Cat

There were nine cats, each from different backgrounds, homes, and dangers. None looked upon each other with respect to age, and none looked to actively harm or help others, but few did. Let me tell you of the story of the Banner of the Black Cat, the myth behind myths, the secret behind secrets, the tale behhind tails.

    The nine cats gathered in times of cold, to do what they seldom did: help each other survive. There were a tom with a gray with a whitening muzzle named Storm, a pale red tabby she-cat with one dark orange stripe named Burn, a small gray-white she-cat named Winter, a Siamese tom named Strike, a savannah (a leopard-looking domestic cat bred between a domestic cat and a) named Leap, a young calico tom kit named Eagle, a maine coon tom named Splash, a light gray tom named Silver, and, finally, a black she-cat named Jinx.

    They had but one purpose: change the view of cat myths and legends, and that they were normal creatures. The hostilities throughout the ages made losing the cat-beneficial myths worthwhile to this group of nine, and they would have the world changed.

     None led the strays, loners, or pets, but they led themselves. However, one cat, the most unlikely, became the leader when the time came for the world to change, and not one of the cats argued. They understood this was what had to be done, and few believed the leadership role itself would cost them their lives.

     The myths were simple, and some were well-known. Of course, you've heard of the nine lives, black cat bad luck, their aversion to water, and that they always land paws first? More come into this legend, such as they need whiskers for balance, a white cat at night is bad luck, they are immune to rabies, nocturnal, and they twitch their tails when happy. Have you heard these myths, legends, and superstisions?

Now is the time to break them, and who might do that job the best but cats themselves?

Thus starts the story.

The Legend of the Banner of the Black Cat.

(Coming soon, I hope, as of February 3, 2016)